Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
The Attic: Chapter 2 Release!
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2
RE: The Attic: Chapter 2 Release!

Hey!

I just completed your custom story, took about 1 hour, I went pretty slow and didn't haste through stuff, decided to look for secrets etc. Here's my general thoughts:
Spoiler below!

* Secret areas:
I only found one, the first where I got chased around by the dead crawling body I thought it was very fun and well made Big Grin.

* Entering known corridor:
After some twiddling you enter an area which you are familiar with from the first chapter. I went to check all the areas fully when where you start but I'm a little sad I went to the balcony and didn't get a chance to check out the rest of the mansion, I feel like I missed something (maybe another secret).

* City area:
Fantastic! I was sticking to the road all the time. One thing that did bother me a little was the fact that things reset upon entering/exiting so some of the scares got to me twice. The barrels on the roof would be nice but only if it happens 1-2 times, 4 times in a row killed the creepiness for me a little.
It's very cool that you can explore some houses, but it's easy to get lost, it would be nice if you put barricade on those housedoors you can't enter, I had to reenter a few houses and it takes some extra loading time & hassle.
Also after you go into the city a little further, I already had the city hall key but I didn't get a chance to check out some of the houses + the bloody fountain or the construction site because I had 2 monsters (metalwhaledude & mr.face) trying to rape me from behind so I just went straight forward and out of lock I went to the biggest building figuring it was the city hall.

* Cellar:
Was quite scary area, but I feel some of the lighting could be better, even though there was torches and some lanterns hanging around the area didn't seem lit at all without my lantern.

* Sewer:
Was nice atmosphere with the guys being locked down under the trapdoor. Watermonster was kinda expected at this point, but I wish there was more challenge to it, I could pretty much run from the staircase to the other without getting hit. What you could do is maybe collapse one of the bridges while you are on it on your way back so you are forced to run from the water monster a little more (I was hoping/expecting that to happen but it didn't Sad ).

* Ending:
The end was a little anti-climax to be honest, I was running out there expecting something to chase me but instead I just run into great openness and I was wondering if there really was going to be a sequel or not, since it doesn't end in a followup and climax like the first chapter.

That's pretty much my thoughts right now, despite all this I wrote I really enjoyed this custom story. Looking forward to next! Smile
01-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Find
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2

Did you use any third party sound components? My youtube video is flagged as such:

01-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1

I just finished it, that was nice Smile

A few thoughts :

Spoiler below!

There are some very cool and original ideas, like the village or the secret rooms (I loved the giant head!).
Although I think it's lacking of musical ambiences, it would have been more immersive and scary with it.
I didn't like the music in the secrets room, it was funny but it took me out of the general atmosphere of the story.
The giant head part with a scary music would have been fucking great!

Also, a little puzzle in the machine room would have been nice in my opinion.

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Find
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3

[Image: sdfsddf.png]

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
TheShadowSythe Offline

can I use the final map for my CS?
01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

As long as you give credit to "JetlinerX, and Seth1466 from The Attic" in the credits, sure.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

01-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

THIS IS AN ATTIC PSA!!!

THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT BEING IN AN ATTIC!!! ITS ABOUT WHAT YOUR FATHER DID THERE, STOP EXPECTING TO BE IN THE ATTIC THE WHOLE STORY! ITS ABOUT THE ATTIC, THE TITLE DOESNT ALWAYS REFLECT THE SETTING OF THE CUSTOM STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~This has been a PSA from JetlinerX

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 04:40 AM by JetlinerX.)
01-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Website Find
Miss Rigi Offline

(01-20-2012, 03:23 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: THIS IS AN ATTIC PSA!!!

THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT BEING IN AN ATTIC!!! ITS ABOUT WHAT YOUR FATHER DID THERE, STOP EXPECTING TO BE IN THE ATTIC THE WHOLE STORY! ITS ABOUT THE ATTIC, THE TITAL DOESNT ALWAYS REFLECT THE SETTING OF THE CUSTOM STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applause, my good sir.

Applause.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
01-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-20-2012, 03:23 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: THIS IS AN ATTIC PSA!!!
Spoiler below!

THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT BEING IN AN ATTIC!!! ITS ABOUT WHAT YOUR FATHER DID THERE, STOP EXPECTING TO BE IN THE ATTIC THE WHOLE STORY! ITS ABOUT THE ATTIC, THE TITAL DOESNT ALWAYS REFLECT THE SETTING OF THE CUSTOM STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True. People need to open their minds and realize that it is not always going to be as simple as every other story. I really applauded you for stepping away from all the nonsense that other CS follow and actually delving into the story a little bit more.

Spoiler below!
I had no intentions of being in the same place again. falling from the balcony made me a bit more interested to say the least =]

Not gonna lie though, clipping issues on other campaigns and a little around the main is no excuse to have for yours. Not that it's always avoidable, but that excuse isn't making me agree. Clipping issues can actually take me out of immersion a bit and feel sad. (lol) And some were kinda large. Just try to fix as much as possible and if it is unavoidable, place something to cover it like a rock, shelf, etc. No offense, but take some criticism and put it into effect. We wouldn't say it if we didn't care, you know? It seems like you're pushing us away like what is done is fine. Just speaking my mind.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 04:43 AM by Statyk.)
01-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Thank you to you both, I keep hearing people criticize our story for not taking place in "The Attic." If we kept you in The Attic, it would be even more ridiculous, because who has a big enough attic to make 3 30 min chapters out of someone's attic?!

Oui vey. Anyway, thanks to both of you Smile

We are taking your criticisms, we really want them, but after 20 people saying there were clipping issues, it gets more annoying than constructive. I am not the mapper, so I really had no control over it, however, when I tested, I should have mentioned it. I want criticisms, I really do, I just dont want the SAME criticisms by all people.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 05:39 AM by JetlinerX.)
01-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Website Find