Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really weird problem help plz
LilleSkutt Offline

Threads: 3
Really weird problem help plz

Okay so I have made a couple of maps for my custom story and now when I went to save my latest map (this is where it gets weird) I can play the map and write a scripts for it but the .map file dosen't exist if I go into the folder where it should be
The level editor and amnesia can still find the map and It's playable but I can't find it under: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories\King Nothing\maps" Where all my other maps are located and "viewable"
I have tried to make a new map but it dosen't show either but it is playable.

I would really want to be able to send my custom story to friends and such, help me plz
:)
01-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Really weird problem help plz

In the file manager of Windows, go to Tools > Folder Options (if you don't see it, press Alt on the keyboard). Under the View tab, make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected and apply any changes. Can you see the files now?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 01:04 PM by Your Computer.)
01-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Website Find
LilleSkutt Offline

(01-15-2012, 01:03 PM)Your Computer Wrote: In the file manager of Windows, go to Tools > Folder Options (if you don't see it, press Alt on the keyboard). Under the View tab, make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected and apply any changes. Can you see the files now?
That was the first thing I tried this still nothing I can't search for the files on my computer either It is like the files dosen't exist but they do somehow since Level Editor and Amnesia can find them

01-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Did you map with a magic puzzle in it? It could be leaking out. lol (kidding)

This is really odd though... And you can't search it?
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

This may sound stupid (though it's really Windows's fault), but have you tried restarting your computer? (Note, i cannot be restarted.)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Website Find
LilleSkutt Offline

(01-15-2012, 03:26 PM)Statyk Wrote: Did you map with a magic puzzle in it? It could be leaking out. lol (kidding)

This is really odd though... And you can't search it?
hehe Tongue No can't find it and I have tried saving it on the desktop and such to be sure where the .map file is but it won't appear at all but when I use Level editor and go to the exakt same place then abra kadabra it's there .. Haven't had this issue before I uppdated my game with the justine patch

(01-15-2012, 03:41 PM)Your Computer Wrote: This may sound stupid (though it's really Windows's fault), but have you tried restarting your computer? (Note, i cannot be restarted.)
Tried that as well since W7 has alot weird small glitches appering from time to time if you ask me
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM by LilleSkutt.)
01-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

Why don't you just check the path under File > Open Recent?

[Image: 16455.png]
01-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
LilleSkutt Offline

(01-15-2012, 11:49 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Why don't you just check the path under File > Open Recent?
Check where? This is my problem in a picture so it's easier for you guys helping me to understand, thanks so much for you guys for taking the time to help btw Smile

You can see that I have the diffrent maps: King_Nothing, ServantQuarters and Storage these as you see I can see in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories\King Nothing\maps however WineCellar, Wine, Vin and KingsChamber are not there... I have a script in place as you can see for WineCellar and this script works! :S It's like the .map files are in the correct place but at the same they don't exist...

Hope someone can help me thanks Smile

[Image: Weird.png?w=b412e17f]

01-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Find
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9

If I understand correctly, your .map files are gone?

If so I think you have the same problem as me.
When saving .map files in a folder or something, they disappear after computer restart.

Whenever I'm making a new map I need to save the .map to my desktop first.
Then I can move it to another folder later.

Somehow I think windows treats it as a suspicios or possible-damaging file(I don't know, I'm guessing.) so it removes it.

Anyhow tell me if it works saving .map to your desktop first.
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Try running level editor as admin? I dunno that's just my two cents Smile

01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Find