Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Requiem reminds me of Amnesia a little bit...
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Requiem reminds me of Amnesia a little bit...

(02-28-2012, 05:07 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yeah, Requiem has great puzzles. And it is also creepy. The Penumbra atmosphere is creepy by default, you don't need monsters or apecial effects. Just the environments are creepy enough to call it horror.
But except the gameplay, I never found something similar to Amnesia.
And in my opinion, Overture is the best game ever made in Frictional universe.
Overture has the best puzzles, the most oppresive atmosphere, the best story and is the most credible game.
Black Plague was the creepiest, but shorter than Overture, less puzzles, incredible story (the parts in minds) then Clarence talking was destroying the gameplay more and more. Great game also, but not as good as Overture.
Yeah totally agree with you. I've only started playing about an hour of black plague and I'm already a lot scared of it than Overture. Just cause you have no idea where the monsters are. In Overture, you have a kinda warning tune. Already came face to face with an infected after it jumped up behind me. I just panicked and ran to nearest door haha.

Like you said, monsters don't make the horror, it does in some ways cause it's something hunting and looking for you, but even the start of the game with the dark areas and creepy sound effects. Clarence is already annoying me haha.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Always loved Requiem. Never understood the hate it got. I mean, I went into it knowing what it'd be like. I could understand being disappointed if I had believed it would be another full on entry like Black Plague.

As a surrealist game with creepy atmosphere and challenging puzzles? Very effective and interesting.
02-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Desperate4God Offline

Threads: 0

I thought Requiem was okay. I played through it with a walkthrough, because I had found out that there were no enemies in Requiem and I just wanted to see the ending(s). It does tie up the storyline, in a way.
By the way, did anyone else notice a Portal reference near the end of Requiem?

Kyrie Eleison.
03-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Find
aimanfire Offline

Threads: 0

(02-29-2012, 06:21 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: Always loved Requiem. Never understood the hate it got. I mean, I went into it knowing what it'd be like. I could understand being disappointed if I had believed it would be another full on entry like Black Plague.

As a surrealist game with creepy atmosphere and challenging puzzles? Very effective and interesting.
It got the hate it did because people were originally told that requiem was going to be a shooter action game supposedly "taking revenge on the infected". people were mad you could say.
03-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(03-04-2012, 09:44 PM)aimanfire Wrote: It got the hate it did because people were originally told that requiem was going to be a shooter action game supposedly "taking revenge on the infected". people were mad you could say.

I don't remember Frictional Games making an announcement like that, can you show me a source?
Or is it like "theChineseRoom is making the Machine for Pigs so it will be another walking simulator like Dear Esther, so let's hate it!".

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 05:30 AM by Tanshaydar.)
03-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

A game with guns, like Unbirth, is not automatically a shooter.
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

(03-04-2012, 09:44 PM)aimanfire Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 06:21 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: Always loved Requiem. Never understood the hate it got. I mean, I went into it knowing what it'd be like. I could understand being disappointed if I had believed it would be another full on entry like Black Plague.

It got the hate it did because people were originally told that requiem was going to be a shooter action game supposedly "taking revenge on the infected". people were mad you could say.
Do you mean this? Oh man, April Fool's jokes are the best.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Find