Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Questions that Overture raised
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Questions that Overture raised

Kedjane Wrote:The fifth question is kinda stupid, isn't it?
For all we know there could have been a zillion rations down there.

Zillion rations... And out of date! Would you eat like 30 years old pea soup?

Kedjane Wrote:And about the empty ammunition boxes: they were likely all depleted during the war

Yeah, wich war? World War II? Was in 1939-1945. And the mine is from 40's or something (if it was the correct year)... So I don't think that all the ammunition has been used in WWII, and who says that the boxes are from 40's, or even used in any kind of war?

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2008, 03:07 PM by Ano.)
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Ammo boxes have a very wide range of uses; they're sturdy, easy to carry, balanced, and stack neatly together. You can ship pretty much anything in them.

And yes, militaries have made super-long lasting meals-in-a-can before which can last a very long time. It's made from cat vomit, week-old roadkill, and deer droppings. The current form of long-lasting meals are Meals Ready (to) Eat, or MREs. If you suck out all the water from the food, and put it inside a bag with absolutely no air, it can last centuries.

And you guys are over-thinking this, no offense. The team has only 1 main modeler so they had to re-use objects in order to give the rooms more of a feel.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Scraper Wrote:Yeah, wich war? World War II? Was in 1939–1945. And the mine is from 40's or something (if it was the correct year)... So I don't think that all the ammunition has been used in WWII, and who says that the boxes are from 40's, or even used in any kind of war?
If I'm not wrong the mine was abandoned and used for a bunker during the end of the war... That's where all the war things came from. I think it sais so somewhere in an in-game note.

WindexGlow Wrote:Ammo boxes have a very wide range of uses; they're sturdy, easy to carry, balanced, and stack neatly together. You can ship pretty much anything in them.
"Hey, pal! What are you going to drive over the border?"
*Pal opens his trunk*
"Just some fish I caught the other day"
*Points at ammo boxes*

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Another question is: What was 'The Shelter' made for? Was it to close something up inside or to keep something else out? Why didn't they let Red in and why did they attack him? (Red said that the people of the medal door almost got him. Or something like that.)
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Penumbra Wrote:Another question is: What was 'The Shelter' made for? Was it to close something up inside or to keep something else out? Why didn't they let Red in and why did they attack him? (Red said that the people of the medal door almost got him. Or something like that.)
Wasn't this entire place a mine of some sort that was used as a bunker during WII? I remember that being said somewhere on this forum a while ago, I think.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

By the way, who closed the door in the last corridor when the lights start to shut down? That is my newest question...

01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Oh, missed a couple of things in Penumbra's post.
I'm guessing they didn't let him in because he's a guard of some sort and they didn't attack him from anything I've heard. They were looking for him at some point, though.

Scraper Wrote:By the way, who closed the door in the last corridor when the lights start to shut down? That is my newest question...
Absolutely meaningless question. Perhaps it simply was a one-way door, afterall it seems Red is the only one who made it out. Perhaps Red put some lock-device on the outside?
Anyhow, whoever it I doubt we'll have a flashback showing it or anything at all and it doesn't really matter. It could have been just a random scientist-zombie.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

In the cave with the 'metal monster' as Red calls it, Red talks about how 'hide and seek tured into seek and hide' and talks about 'the infected one from behind the metal door' and how he 'burried them benieth the ground'. So Red fought aginst the 'infected ones' and killed them. Mabey Red locked them in the metal door...
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Find
Cactus78 Offline

Threads: 1

Genius ^^^.

I agree Penumbra
01-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Penumbra Wrote:In the cave with the 'metal monster' as Red calls it, Red talks about how 'hide and seek tured into seek and hide' and talks about 'the infected one from behind the metal door' and how he 'burried them benieth the ground'. So Red fought aginst the 'infected ones' and killed them. Mabey Red locked them in the metal door...
Yeah, I'm thinking Red escaped the Shelter and was hunted by some infected ones - killed or repelled them - then sealed them in. Perhaps the ladder leading out was broken when he tried to escape once?
I think it seems possible he made all the barricades keeping Philip out aswell.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Find