Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launcher hangs
azurescorch Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Rainbow  Launcher hangs

When I go to play the game the Launcher just hangs in the background.

I have completely removed all my game files and re-installed via steam. I have tried deleting all my config files too but the problem presists.

The game ran perfectly fine last week, and ran fine months ago when I first bought it. I have launched the game over 30 times before and this is the first time there has been a problem. No other games or programs are having issues.

I have tried opening
amnesia.exe directly but this seems to just open the Launcher, which again hangs. (sorry to bold and underline that, but I've seen other people stating this only to be told to try it)...

Windows 7 64bit
Geforce 9800GT 512MB

I don't have a log file due to deleting all game files then reinstalling. Since no new .log file got made we can presume the problem pops up before the .log file gets written to.

edit: Tried the demo from the site. It has the exact same problem.
Suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 03:54 AM by azurescorch.)
02-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
azurescorch Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Launcher hangs

Solved. Updating to latest graphics driver version fixed this issue. Although how it was working on 285.6 driver last week and not this week I don't know.
02-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Find