Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Realm of Another
davi1188 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Realm of Another

(03-21-2012, 07:20 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: hmm, where"s that damn key in Main hall?(entrance)
all other doors closed..

or i missed it previously?
I can't find it either! :/
There is a Huge bug in the Main hall, when you enter, you go up the stairs, and then to the left, the is some other stairs, you can walk right through it, but only on the Left side..
And btw. i cannot find the first key you have to find in the Main Hall -.- i have tried for 20 min now.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012, 12:01 AM by davi1188.)
03-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11

Well since so many people are having a hard time finding that key here's spoiler for it

Spoiler below!
The key in the Main Entrance is located under the right side couch that's below the window. It should be near the leg of the couch

As for that bug, I'll have to fix that. Nobody that tested the map for me noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
03-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
This map needs some serious work. My first time running through, I attempted to grab that key behind the rocks and found it exceptionally difficult to do so, so I started over thinking something had messed up. When I realized that I hadn't actually messed anything up, I was pretty irritated because the key was supposed to be blocked by a large rock that is near impossible to move because of the physics of the larger rock combined with the fact that it's on a staircase means that the whole process of trying to reach that key is overly tedious. It took me a good 3-4 minutes of slamming another rock against the bigger rock in order for me to have enough room to obtain it. Making an obstacle to obtain a key is one thing, but making something that tedious to obtain one is really unnecessary. After entering the Main Hall, I spent over 20 minutes looking for the key until I finally just quit the map entirely. I searched every spot I could check and never found it. I just noticed you answered the question as to where that key is located, and Im disappointed that it was in such a cryptic place. If people have that hard a time finding something like that, there should be some sort of hint or idea given to help guide the player in the right direction. Also, (something that was made very apparent in the Main Hall) your textures/object placement are sketchy. I noticed gaps all over the ceilings and edges of the floors, and on the right side of the stairs (the side that doesn't have the jar of oil) I walked forward and was able to pass back and forth right through the wall with ease. I have no idea what's up with that, but yeah, thats obviously some kind of bug.

So I can't really say much at this point because of the troubles just trying to get started with the map, but the map certainly needs some work. It has potential, but it has problems that apparently seem to be overlooked by a lot of people, and you should work to fix some of those bugs and make the map flow a little better.

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11

(03-23-2012, 04:35 AM)Kaizy Wrote:
Spoiler below!
This map needs some serious work. My first time running through, I attempted to grab that key behind the rocks and found it exceptionally difficult to do so, so I started over thinking something had messed up. When I realized that I hadn't actually messed anything up, I was pretty irritated because the key was supposed to be blocked by a large rock that is near impossible to move because of the physics of the larger rock combined with the fact that it's on a staircase means that the whole process of trying to reach that key is overly tedious. It took me a good 3-4 minutes of slamming another rock against the bigger rock in order for me to have enough room to obtain it. Making an obstacle to obtain a key is one thing, but making something that tedious to obtain one is really unnecessary. After entering the Main Hall, I spent over 20 minutes looking for the key until I finally just quit the map entirely. I searched every spot I could check and never found it. I just noticed you answered the question as to where that key is located, and Im disappointed that it was in such a cryptic place. If people have that hard a time finding something like that, there should be some sort of hint or idea given to help guide the player in the right direction. Also, (something that was made very apparent in the Main Hall) your textures/object placement are sketchy. I noticed gaps all over the ceilings and edges of the floors, and on the right side of the stairs (the side that doesn't have the jar of oil) I walked forward and was able to pass back and forth right through the wall with ease. I have no idea what's up with that, but yeah, thats obviously some kind of bug.

So I can't really say much at this point because of the troubles just trying to get started with the map, but the map certainly needs some work. It has potential, but it has problems that apparently seem to be overlooked by a lot of people, and you should work to fix some of those bugs and make the map flow a little better.

Yes, as I said, the bedroom and Main Entry are the most bugged as those were my first maps ever. I was honestly slightly lazy there, and attempted to fix as much as possible before releasing, but I really got into experimenting with the level editor and improving the maps by the time I was making the library. As for the wall, I have no clue what's up with that lol. I'll have to go in tweak that around slightly, just odd that it would only do it on one side, when both sides are made the same. Tongue For the rock being difficult to get around, I never intended for that to get in the way, I'm surprised you had any issues there :o I do admit to however, not really giving a good idea on where to look for the library key though. In my final release I'll be sure to include a note on a table or something along those lines. Another thing that I really cannot figure out, is if you have made it to the North or South Hallway (off the main entrance) you will notice that the lights seem to go out when you walk through them. This is some weird error that never occurred on any other spotlights but only in those 2 rooms. Not sure why but I'll need to fix those. What I plan to do is make chapter 2, but then actually combine the 2 chapters into one big Custom Story. The main reason I released a Chapter 1 was mostly for feedback and ideas on how to improve on the second part. I appreciate you pointing out these flaws, really I do. I hope that on my next map your can thoroughly enjoy it and have little to no problems. Also, please feel free to post any more ideas or bugs you find. I'm stilling in the planning stage of chapter 2 and am accepting anymore feedback I can get on what to improve on.

Sorry for the long post but in short, thanks for the criticism and feedback. It really helps me out a lot more then you'd expect!

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Find