Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not Load Main init file! help!
CrazyKilla Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Photo  Could not Load Main init file! help!

Hello My Name is CrazyKilla,

I have been having a problem with amnesia and i have went through the forums and have found similar things but they are diffirent from this...

When i launch amnesia, it gives me a little box like this: [Image: AmnesiaError.png]

I Heared that people get this after they actually launch the game itself... but for me, not even a launcher!

i have tried Reinstalling, i have tried deleting every amnesia-related file on my pc, and installing it again,

And the strange thing is that amnesia worked fine before this, i completed the game, i was working on a custom story, then 1 random day it just wouldnt work, i dont know what this could be, i didnt install any updates, i didn't change anything in the amnesia folder, i hope you guys can help me Big Grin

Heres some stuff about my PC:

Graphics Card: Geforce GTS 450 (Device Manager says its out of date, even if i update it)
Ram: 4GB
System Type: 32-Bit
Processor: AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core Processor 1.80 GHz
Power Supply: 600Watt

PS: I went on steam and downloaded the Demo Version of Amnesia, it worked fine,

PSS: The version with this problem of mine is non-steam, and is up-to-date

PSSS: Yes, This is for PC, not mac, not anything else, PC!!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 02:08 AM by CrazyKilla.)
04-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Could not Load Main init file! help!

Make sure you gave this installed: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html

Then run the game as an administrator
04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(04-03-2012, 07:33 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Make sure you gave this installed: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html

Then run the game as an administrator
Ok i see what the problem is, i tried to install this driver but in the middle of the install it just said that installing graphics card drivers failed and everything else isn't installed, and then my screen went to a low resolution, i tried to change the resolution but my nvidea control panel was missing when i right click desktop, so i went and downloaded latest drivers fro my graphics card, that failed aswell, so i was confused, and i remembered if you launch skyrim and go to options it shows what graphics card i haz, i launched it, it said i have: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, wtf? and when i launch my pc it gives me the

ACER PC
PNY GeForce GTS 450
and so on...

i don't know whats going on, i opened up my pc, wires are all conected, when i start pc the fan of the graphics card is spining, i have no idea whats wrong, but i guess i will have to do tons of installing or buy a new graphics card, i was planning on a new graphics card for a while, but before i buy it tell me if theres something else i can do, and if i should buy: Geforce GTX 580?

04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Maybe your graphics card is defected/corrupted and that's why the drivers fail to initialize. GTX 580 is a beast but at the same money you can get the new GTX 680 which is way better.
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(04-03-2012, 08:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Maybe your graphics card is defected/corrupted and that's why the drivers fail to initialize. GTX 580 is a beast but at the same money you can get the new GTX 680 which is way better.
well while i was searching to buy gtx 580, gtx 680 was all over nvidia.com, so i checked it out, good price, now im buying that, do you have any ideas of how i can reset my graphics card? like on a calculator or some other things you have a little hole where you can put your pen in and it fully resets? because right now i cant launch any program! minecraft, amnesia, skyrim, gmod, nothing! i gotta wait till saturday to order graphics card and wait another 3-5 days for it to arrive.
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

There is no such thing as a reset for graphics cards. Try to install the drivers again from the link that I gave you and make sure that you select the clean installation box right before the installation process begins.
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(04-03-2012, 10:22 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: There is no such thing as a reset for graphics cards. Try to install the drivers again from the link that I gave you and make sure that you select the clean installation box right before the installation process begins.
Tried that, nothing works, i tried express download, normal custom download, clean custom download, nothing but this is my result:
[Image: NvidiaInstall.png]

PS: My pc has no idea of my graphics card, the only time it knows what graphics card i have is as soon as i press power button of pc, and its turning on
04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

1) Question 3: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html
2) Again: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid128366
04-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Find