Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal Error when trying to start amnesia
emppo Offline

Threads: 2
Fatal Error when trying to start amnesia

I decided to make a Amnesia Custom Story. I followed the guide on this site: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start . I did everything that they told me to do in the "Setting up Development Environment" and then i tried to start the game as they say in the text but i got " Fatal Error: Could not load world file 'MyMaps/my_map.map' "
What is wrong?
04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Fatal Error when trying to start amnesia

Make sure the directory to your custom_stories folder is correct. I've never seen it showing to "MyMaps"

Mine is set to:
<Map File="" Folder="" StartPos="" />

Go ahead and post your user_settings.cfg so we can help you more.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Website Find
emppo Offline

<Game ShowCommentary="false" ShowCrossHair="true" FocusIconStyle="Default" ShowDeathHints="true" ShowSubtitles="true" ShowEffectSubtitles="false" ShowHints="true" />

<Debug AllowQuickSave="true" ShowFPS="false" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="false" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ScriptDebugOn="true" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" />

<Input InvertMouse="false" SmoothMouse="true" MouseSensitivity="1.000000" />

<Map File="my_map.map" Folder="MyMaps/" StartPos="" />
04-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58

You must have your CS folder in the redist/maps folder in order for it to load.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Website Find
emppo Offline

So I have to move the custom_stories folder from redist to redist/maps?
04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-13-2012, 07:08 PM)emppo Wrote: So I have to move the custom_stories folder from redist to redist/maps?
Absolutely not. He must have written something wrong. The "custom_stories\" folder should be in "redist\".

(04-13-2012, 12:58 PM)emppo Wrote: <Map File="my_map.map" Folder="MyMaps/" StartPos="" />
I have no idea why the manual says that. Change it to this:
<Map File="" Folder="" StartPos="" />

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

What I meant was the folder of YOUR custom story, not the actual custom stories folder. Smile
Example:
My folder is called The Dark Treasure and is located in "maps\The Dark Treasure" (I use steam version so I don't have a redist folder)

My user_settings.cfg looks like this at the bottom: "<Map File="06_burial_grounds.map" Folder="The Dark Treasure\" StartPos="PlayerStartArea_7" />"

It will load 06_burial_grounds.map and look for it in "The Dark Treasure" folder.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 04:07 PM by Linus Ågren.)
04-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-14-2012, 04:05 PM)junkfood2121 Wrote: What I meant was the folder of YOUR custom story, not the actual custom stories folder. Smile
Example:
My folder is called The Dark Treasure and is located in "maps\The Dark Treasure" (I use steam version so I don't have a redist folder)

My user_settings.cfg looks like this at the bottom: "<Map File="06_burial_grounds.map" Folder="The Dark Treasure\" StartPos="PlayerStartArea_7" />"

It will load 06_burial_grounds.map and look for it in "The Dark Treasure" folder.
7? You have seven starting positions in your map? ...or is it supposed to say "1" and you just typed it wrong? ...because that would explain the crash.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

(04-14-2012, 04:22 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: 7? You have seven starting positions in your map? ...or is it supposed to say "1" and you just typed it wrong? ...because that would explain the crash.
As far as I'm aware there is no limit to how many start positions the player can have. I have ~5 start positions in my hub map, this will probably be 7-8 when my story is complete. Remember, start positions can be used for more than just entering maps, they can be used for checkpoints, or even just playtesting an area without having to go through 10 minutes of map every time. (I have a few debug mode start positions on my maps Tongue)

04-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

(04-14-2012, 04:22 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 04:05 PM)junkfood2121 Wrote: What I meant was the folder of YOUR custom story, not the actual custom stories folder. Smile
Example:

My user_settings.cfg looks like this at the bottom: ""

7? You have seven starting positions in your map? ...or is it supposed to say "1" and you just typed it wrong? ...because that would explain the crash.
It's just for testing. I'm not the one with the crash problem by the way. Wink

04-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Website Find