Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
White Night 1.1a [Fan Update]
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6
White Night 1.1a [Fan Update]

Hey guys! Thought I'd give those of you who haven't yet played White Night (or those who want to play it again) a bit of a treat. However, let me make it clear that all credit for White Night goes to Tanshaydar and anyone who assisted him. I contacted Tanshaydar directly, and while he approves of my work, he expressed his desire to move on to other projects, so I am releasing this here.

I have gone over all the text in White Night and corrected all grammatical errors, as well as clarified a few portions that players were getting stuck at, while at the same time changing as little of the original story as possible. This took about 10 hours of work over the past week. Anyways, I hope someone uses this.

1.1a "Features:
"
  1. Completely text overhaul. 200-300 spelling/grammar corrections made to notes.
  2. Subtitles corrected to match PERFECTLY with what was spoken.
  3. Game UI grammar/spelling corrected.
  4. Attempts to alter the original text as little as possible while still making corrections.

Installation:

1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of White Night from the ModDB site.
  2. After installing white night, copy the folders in the attachment into your Amnesia/Redist folder (the folder with the other white night files)
  3. Click yes to overwrite previously existing files.
  4. Enjoy this awesome mod!

Uninstall:

1. I have included the original White Night .lang files in case you wish to rollback (for whatever reason.)
  2. Simply copy the contents of Uninstall.rar to your Amnesia/Redist folder and overwrite any existing files.

MediaFire Alternative DL

Attached Files
.rar   1.1a_Fan_Update.rar (Size: 22.99 KB / Downloads: 304)
.rar   Uninstall.rar (Size: 22.49 KB / Downloads: 182)

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 04:03 PM by SUMMER^.)
04-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Find
Sollandia Offline

Threads: 0
RE: White Night 1.1a [Fan Update]

Awesome Big Grin
04-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Good idea, Thank you! Big Grin

Have you asked Tans whether he'd directly put this patch into his version? It seems a shame that you've put so many hours of work in when it could be going unnoticed to alot of the people who will be downloading from Moddb.com.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 05:43 PM by DRedshot.)
04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

(04-16-2012, 05:42 PM)DRedshot Wrote: Good idea, Thank you! Big Grin

Have you asked Tans whether he'd directly put this patch into his version? It seems a shame that you've put so many hours of work in when it could be going unnoticed to alot of the people who will be downloading from Moddb.com.
Yeah I asked him and waited a week but received no reply. I assumed he was busy. He did express an interest in working together on future projects, though.

If this helped, I'd really appreciate a +rep ^^

04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
TheLastGreyKnight Offline

Threads: 5

....you really are dedicated to your work. Major props lol
04-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Good job. Its good to see people still devoted to making an effort for great mods on this community. +1

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Website Find