Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Maze
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [First Custom Story] The Maze (Trial)

(04-21-2012, 10:17 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: My feedback honestly:

Uhm..
Spoiler below!
Honestly.. I was kind of looking better map design and overall creation. But little disappoint here, first map "okay you enter the mystery maze" then door maze begins. Okay if you ever played Nepsis very good custom story.. this is like a copy of that, I don't blame you that you copied or something, but that's almost same idea as nepsis. Okay it was okay, couple nice sound scares and door bangs and monsters too.

Then final map begins, okay basically in my opinion I hate mazes a lot and this one is too little confusing and annoying, couple cheap scares too.

I'm not usually give this bad feedback, but I'm just honesty, but don't worry.. make improves and don't rush maps and you can get better feedback next time Smile I'm just helping you, don't hate me, it's okay story for your first I understand that :3

Well, to his credit, I don't think he copied from Nepsis. The original was just a maze of doors with no sound. I suggested adding the banging, maybe having it slowly build up until every door has pounding and screaming coming from behind it near the end and having it suddenly cut out the moment the player steps out of the maze. I kind of got that inspired from Nepsis (thanks for reminding me of the name btw, I couldn't think of it), but mostly it was from the half life mod Cry of Fear. I think he is working on something like that. What do you think of that idea?

Anyways, aren't I supposed to be writing some stuff for ya? I'm bored here, man!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 10:27 AM by SUMMER^.)
04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

Threads: 7

This was something fishy maze. -_- Nah JK. Big Grin
I completed it and The monster scared me in the first place. AND I FOUND THE DAMN KEY AFTER MILLION MINUTES. Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanDvhzhFlA Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 04:37 AM by ChocMonPie.)
04-23-2012, 04:36 AM
Website Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Can you make the last grunt in the maze section not a poofer? If the player runs into him instead of running in the opposite direction, it ruins the upcoming scare where he breaks down the doors.

04-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

(04-23-2012, 05:24 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote: Can you make the last grunt in the maze section not a poofer? If the player runs into him instead of running in the opposite direction, it ruins the upcoming scare where he breaks down the doors.
I QUOTE THAT. Big Grin
I agree with you, it ruins a little fun for me. :'(

04-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Website Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(04-23-2012, 05:48 AM)ChocMonPie Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 05:24 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote: Can you make the last grunt in the maze section not a poofer? If the player runs into him instead of running in the opposite direction, it ruins the upcoming scare where he breaks down the doors.
I QUOTE THAT. Big Grin
Nice let's play! By the way, your post ID is "133337" Feel extra cool now? Big Grin

04-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Here you go, man. Another quick bug report. Hope it helps.
Spoiler below!
Start:
1. There is a candle to the right side of the door leading to the maze that is placed half inside the rock, sideways.

2. When standing in front of the door leading to the maze and looking up, the player can see through the rocks above them. Can this be fixed?

3. I think maybe these candles shouldn't be placed sideways. I mean, they wouldn't work right in real life, and probably would look just as nice sitting on top of the rock then on the side of it sticking out.

In the Maze:
1. The first grunt you encounter that actually tries to smash down doors wont actually break through the door he attacks. He'll just keep hitting it over and over and over. Is this intentional?

2. I liked the cockroaches on the floor in some parts. Nice touch. Also, the scream was good. I might add it one more time, if I were you.

3. Is it possible to have all of the monsters set inactive once the player steps out of the maze? I think that would kind of be cool. Do you?

4. The grunt was smashing doors fine at the end, but he wouldn't follow me after I got past the last door (he'd turn around and kind of patrol around) Can you tell him where the player is after they get past the third door, so he continues chasing them? Also, I think I said this in your thread, but I don't think this guy should be a poofer.

Lower Maze:
1. I think the first brute spawn should be adjusted slightly, as it didn't quite work on me (I accidentally poofed him.) Maybe spawn him behind the player once he gets past the first turn? That way, they will still run, and even if he catches them, he'll poof.

2. Near the first dead end (the one with the little oven/fireplace thing) you can see part of the wall sticking out. I'm not taking screenshots for this, so I'll give you the player coords it gives me, if that helps. (7.385552 0.893490 2.533393)

04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

(04-23-2012, 05:52 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 05:48 AM)ChocMonPie Wrote:
I QUOTE THAT. Big Grin
Nice let's play! By the way, your post ID is "133337" Feel extra cool now? Big Grin

AWWWWW YEEEAAAAHHH Cool Big Grin

04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(04-21-2012, 10:26 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote:

Uhm..
Spoiler below!
Honestly.. I was kind of looking better map design and overall creation. But little disappoint here, first map "okay you enter the mystery maze" then door maze begins. Okay if you ever played Nepsis very good custom story.. this is like a copy of that, I don't blame you that you copied or something, but that's almost same idea as nepsis. Okay it was okay, couple nice sound scares and door bangs and monsters too.

Then final map begins, okay basically in my opinion I hate mazes a lot and this one is too little confusing and annoying, couple cheap scares too.

I'm not usually give this bad feedback, but I'm just honesty, but don't worry.. make improves and don't rush maps and you can get better feedback next time Smile I'm just helping you, don't hate me, it's okay story for your first I understand that :3

Well, to his credit, I don't think he copied from Nepsis. The original was just a maze of doors with no sound. I suggested adding the banging, maybe having it slowly build up until every door has pounding and screaming coming from behind it near the end and having it suddenly cut out the moment the player steps out of the maze. I kind of got that inspired from Nepsis (thanks for reminding me of the name btw, I couldn't think of it), but mostly it was from the half life mod Cry of Fear. I think he is working on something like that. What do you think of that idea?

Anyways, aren't I supposed to be writing some stuff for ya? I'm bored here, man!

Oh, yeah that. Sry I'm really busy at the moment at studying, I will continue whole project really soon and make some ideas for the story. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
04-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Find
mrOogadeeboogadee Offline

Threads: 1

(04-23-2012, 04:36 AM)ChocMonPie Wrote: This was something fishy maze. -_- Nah JK. :D
I completed it and The monster scared me in the first place. AND I FOUND THE DAMN KEY AFTER MILLION MINUTES. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanDvhzhFlA :)
Awesome let's play man, nicely done! :D
Thank you for doing that :)

Uhm..
Spoiler below!

I'm not usually give this bad feedback, but I'm just honesty, but don't worry.. make improves and don't rush maps and you can get better feedback next time :) I'm just helping you, don't hate me, it's okay story for your first I understand that :3

I haven't even heard of Nepsis :P
Thank you for your feedback :) everything helps :)
Ah I didn't even realise he was a poofer! :P I set him as a poofer for testing purposes but I guess I forgot to change it back :P Thank you!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
http://www.youtube.com/mrOogadeeboogadee
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 01:55 AM by mrOogadeeboogadee.)
04-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Find
mrOogadeeboogadee Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [First Custom Story] The Maze (Demo)

A new version will be up in a few hours Smile Been changing a few things for a little bit and am pretty happy with what I have added Smile

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
http://www.youtube.com/mrOogadeeboogadee
04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Find