Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Visuals During Gameplay
iConiK Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago No Visuals During Gameplay

Windows 7 64-bit
Desktop
hpl.log is in the attachment

Sorry if this is already been discussed but i've tried the things in the troubleshoot guide and nothing seems to work. When I start the game nothing appears, there's audio and the menu but when you start a game there are no visuals just a blank screen except for the crosshair in the centre and the background noise
, any help?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.77 KB / Downloads: 104)
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012, 02:40 PM by iConiK.)
05-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No Visuals During Gameplay

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html
05-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Find
archerfire Offline

Threads: 0

I had the exact same problem on my laptop (HP dm4-2070us). I spent what seems like FOREVER searching the troubleshooting/help stuff and tried to get the game running properly.
I updated my BIOS (which it needed) but that didn't help. I tried to update the drivers and found there was an update. On trying to install I kept getting a message saying I had the latest update or the drivers I'm trying to install are incompatible, or some such nonsense, can't remember exactly.
The last thing I eventually tried is found here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89162
I downloaded the driver update in zip format from intel instead of HP and followed the instructions of the 'Have Disk Method'. What do you know? It worked like a charm! It was a little tricky understanding some of the instructions and I'm sure that's because I'm typically drain bamaged when it come to 'puters anyway, but I eventually figured it out!
PM me if you have trouble figuring it out and I'll try to help further.
06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
iConiK Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah thanks archerfire that worked, I tried that before as well but I probably didn't do it properly lol, anyway thanks for letting me know!
06-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Find