Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Feedback and blooper
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
Feedback and blooper

I hope I am not speaking too soon about the new Black Plague game. I will explain what I mean.

I enjoyed the demo. I thought it was quite spooky (to me anyway; maybe I scare easily). The music to me is more depressing and eerie (in other words, perfect).
The reason I fear I am speaking too soon is because the Overture demo didn't have any combat; same with Black Plague.
I think not having that combat improved the game; to concentrate more on fear, stealth, running away/sneaking, and less on just killing and "walk in the park".

Good job so far! I can't wait for the release date.

A slight mistake/blopper; to me anyway:

Spoiler below!
At the start of the game, we hear screaming. That screaming I bet is what we hear on the tape. The blooper part is that he talks and then something gets him.
Okay, I won't say the part about the tape stopping right as he gets dragged away is a mistake/blooper. But what I think is, is the fact that the tape cassette is in the locker.
How did it get there? he certainly could not have put it there himself. I don't see why any one else would have put it there while dragging him away.
I'm not saying I like the game any less. I just see it as a blooper.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2008, 02:52 AM by Greatred.)
02-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Find
GFree Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Feedback and blooper

I have a few theories as to why the tape was in a locker instead of still in the tape recorder, as you'd expect from a guy who's just been eviscerated:

(1) Maybe the guy in his last few seconds saw it necessary to somehow pull himself over to the locker, open it, put the tape in and close the door, all the while being killed. Smile

(2) Perhaps the baddy decided to recover the tape and stash it inside the locker for some reason.

(3) Perhaps... it was just an oversight by the developers. Smile

Keep in mind, tapes are going to be used a lot more in the full game, so the devlopers needed a situation where there was a tape separate from a tape player, and the player had to learn the method for listening to tapes in the game. So I suppose they didn't want the tape to be inside the player already, even if it made more logical sense.
02-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I'm sure you're right. It would be logic to have the tape in the machine, but if it's a "find the tape to play it a machine" type of deal, I guess what else could they do.
I thought maybe he grabbed it, but it dropped out of his hands, and you have to find it on the floor.
02-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Hey, for all we know there could of been a guy we escape just before you did and he was just playing the tape when you woak up. Then He put it in the locker.
02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Nothing sais the screams and the tape is related?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Find