Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Not Starting
DJ Knight Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Not Starting

(06-22-2012, 01:10 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: you have no graphics card drivers installed, as said in the graphics card troubleshooting guide
Sir, you should read the entire thread before posting a reply. Just click on the DXDIAG.txt in post #6 and you will see I DO HAVE GRAPHICS DRIVERS INSTALLED! I will go a step further and post what it says below:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS/XT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6800 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F6&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
Display Memory: 744 MB
Dedicated Memory: 504 MB
Shared Memory: 239 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: PTW0309
Native Mode: unknown
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0013.0142 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.13.142
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/15/2012 06:26:00, 15322432 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Besides that fact, I know for a fact its installed because I installed the OS, and the latest NVIDIA DRIVER was installed right after the OS was installed. I downloaded it straight from their website. I find it to be pure arrogance on frictional games to think their program doesn't have any bugs or don't feel the need to look into their own code for problems. Good luck on trying to make anything big out of the company with that kind of attitude. I personally am glad to know how bad this company is by losing maybe a dollar on this Indie game that isn't worth anymore of my time. I will not buy another Humble BUndle with anything from frictional games. Games should not be this hard to install, nor should a user need to go through so many hoops for it to play, nor should a user need to turn of his antivirus. I have seen flash games that rival this game. I'm certain now that your so called game engine along with other parts of the game are the flaw. There's no reason why a fresh installed OS, with full updates on graphics driver, sound driver, etc with all the proper hardware shouldn't be able to run this game.
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Not Starting

You made your decision so no need to assist any further, just so you know your opengl drivers are not installed. If you try Minecraft you will understand.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 05:40 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Find