Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia IRC channel
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Amnesia IRC channel

Not sure if I was strictly allowed to do this, but I just created an IRC channel dedicated to Amnesia/Frictional/off topic discussion if anybody is interested. Seems to work pretty well in the Wolfire community so I thought we should give this a try. Here's how to connect to the server if you have never used an IRC client before:

1. Install an IRC firefox extension or download a program like mIRC. I'm using the Chatzilla extension and it seems to work pretty well.

2. The IRC channel is registered on a server called Foonetic. To join this server simply type "/server irc.foonetic.net".

3. The channel I registered is called "#Amnesia". To join the channel just type in "/join Amnesia".

4 (optional). Choose a nickname with: "/nick nickname" and register it with: "/msg nickserv register password emailaddress@domainname.ext" and then follow the activation instructions. Then you can login with "/msg nickserv identify password".

5. You should be good to go. Let's see if it's working.

EDIT: Can't believe I missed the little IRC icon up there. So I guess this is totally pointless. Anyway it's there if anybody still wants to use it. And the sentiment still stands, it seems like the built in IRC server is totally deserted.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 12:33 AM by Bridge.)
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Find
she Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia IRC channel

isn't there already an IRC? i've never personally used it, though.

edit: haha, just saw your edit! i wouldn't mind trying this new one. it might encourage some people to start using the official one, too (i didn't notice it until recently, either).

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 01:03 AM by she.)
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

People were begging for an IRC so Jens set it up again. Noone ever touches it.
06-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The IRC does not really have a daily purpose, rather it comes in handy during special occasions Smile
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-07-2012, 07:31 AM)jens Wrote: The IRC does not really have a daily purpose, rather it comes in handy during special occasions Smile
Like only during major updates and releases? Because it seems to me the forums would be better for big discussions, whereas the IRC channel would be better for casual conversation as it's instantaneous.
06-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Find