Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marble Hornets Custom Story/ Mod
OperatorSM Offline

Threads: 1
Video  Marble Hornets Custom Story/ Mod

I've always thought that the game amnesia had potential of a marble hornets
custom story.
The intro would be you in your house going to bed (Like in entry 19 from marble hornets)
Then waking up in an abandoned building (Either a house or hospital).
The enemies would be Masky and Slenderman. The famous "Prepare your Anus" grunt would
be replaced with slenderman and his attack music would be replaced with the distorted sounds
of the camera throughout the marble hornets entries.
Masky would attack silently but with some camera distortion noise.
How the game would end is when the screen goes dark on the last level and white text say
"The bizarre thing is that I don't remember any of this..."
Much like the series would have.
I think the story shouldn't be trying to stop slenderman, just trying to escape the hospital/house.
I am experienced in Architecture Drafting so I might make some floor plans of the levels for you guys.
But There are some issues to this.
1. The Masky and Slenderman Model
2. The Audio (I can cover the audio myself)
3. Puzzles
4. Story (We can't just stick with Slenderman and Masky chasing you, we need to know why."
and 5. Ending
I am completely inexperienced with Level Editing and Model Editing, But i'm willing to learn!
I can sketch so I'll make some art for the loading screens.
If you guys can help out, please post what you would like to help with and how you plan to tackle it.
Or if you're willing to teach me how to do this, send me a PM instead.
Thanks! ^^
- OperatorSM
06-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Marble Hornets Custom Story/ Mod

Sounds interesting... I'm waiting for Kman to respond to this. He doesn't shut up about Marble Hornets.
06-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

loooooool

Posting Freak
06-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Website Find
OperatorSM Offline

No that we are acquainted. Is this possible?
06-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

It's totally possible, it would just take an insane amount of time. And when I mean an insane amount of time, I really mean an INSANE amount of time. Modeling two whole new enemies with animations and everything takes a lot of work as it is, but then you'd also have to make a whole butt load of new textures, entities, and other general assets if you don't want the hospital to look like a dungeon and you don't want it to be completely empty. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the series, I just think for the amount of work it would take unless you had an experienced team who're willing to dedicate a lot of time to it I don't think it's happening.

Posting Freak
06-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Website Find
OperatorSM Offline

Do you know any model editors? Textures, Audio and level design is what i'm good at. But making it a game isn't.
06-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

I can see this working very well in game if you're willing to put the work into it.

I'm imagining the player venturing through Alex's house looking for clues, turning the corner, and seeing Masky's face just leering at the edge of your light. A moment's pause, and he gets up and charges you. It's be scary as fuck.

But yeah, like kman said, be prepared to work your ass off. You will need to take the time to learn the Editors well.

06-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Find
OperatorSM Offline

Yeah, I think the audio will be a huge factor. THere's no screams, moans or something saying "Get out." It's just camera distortion and that's what makes it REALLY scary.

There is this one scene from entry:58 I want to take advantage of.
[Image: Entry58_Leveldesign.png]
I was thinking of a tunnel level where the player must go through here to find a document or a clue of a secret location of the hospital. I always thought that this had potential so now it's time to use it. It's the fans time to finally have a dream of this to come true...

(06-13-2012, 05:36 AM)Damascus Wrote: I can see this working very well in game if you're willing to put the work into it.

I'm imagining the player venturing through Alex's house looking for clues, turning the corner, and seeing Masky's face just leering at the edge of your light. A moment's pause, and he gets up and charges you. It's be scary as fuck.

But yeah, like kman said, be prepared to work your ass off. You will need to take the time to learn the Editors well.
That happens when he approaches him. I should think about giving the player a moment to be frozen in fear and THEN when he moves, Tim/masky or who the fuck ever attacks.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 06:05 AM by OperatorSM.)
06-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Find
OperatorSM Offline

My prayers have been answered!!!! I found the PERFECT floor plan for the custom story!
[Image: mainfloorplan.jpg] This is maryland state hospital. The branching paths resemble the ones from the marble hornets entry!

This makes my job easier and even more fun! The branching paths give more possibilities of where the npcs could spawn, items hidden, places to hide and adds a terrifying feeling that maybe masky and slendy aren't the only ones.
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(06-13-2012, 07:02 AM)OperatorSM Wrote: My prayers have been answered!!!!
This made me giggle. "Hey guys, I have found the blueprints for the Eiffel Tower!! Now I only have to build it!!!"

In all seriousness, I'd estimate the amount of work you have in front of you to:
1. 6+ Months learning modeling + animation + texturing
2. 1,5 years to build all the assets, gather sounds and build the level(s)

In all you're looking at two years of pretty dedicated work. I don't want to put you off though, it's great fun modding! You just have to face the realistic fact that this will take some time.

You can find some basic modeling guides in the developement section, but I recommend using google as you advance your skills.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 07:52 AM by Acies.)
06-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Find