Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Obscurity - An Amnesia Custom Story

nice mod, nice theme, looking forward to the release! Smile
i would help you with the noises... but i'm still on vacation, so i don't have my recording equip here :/

are you using custom enemies? or the normal grunt/brute?

edit: sorry, i'm too stupid to read -__-

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 09:26 PM by johnbox.)
08-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(07-13-2012, 06:39 AM)ElectricRed Wrote: [Image: 2mn4sbt.jpg]

[Image: 35lss3p.jpg]
A Custom Story by ElectricRed

Crescent Village... That name has been ringing in my ears, haunting me in my dreams. Ever since my wife's death, I've been having nightmares about the place. It's where I grew up as a child, but I was sent away to live with my aunt and uncle when I was very young. I never saw my family again.

Why is this happening now, 30 years later? It seems to be calling out to me, beckoning me to return. That's why I must go. I need to find out why I'm being haunted by these nightmares, and maybe seeing my family again will help me cope with my wife's death... Something seems off about it though. All of my instincts are telling me to stay home and forget about the whole thing. I can't just shake it off though... I NEED to do this.

Story:
Upon returning to the village you grew up in as a child, you discover that it's empty. Doors are boarded up, bloodstains soak the ground, and a strange aura lingers in the air. What happened and why has everyone disappeared? Crescent Village holds a secret, and it's up to you to uncover it.

Features:
- Chilling atmosphere
- Frightening horror
- Complex and deep storyline
- Richly detailed environments and lighting
- No monsters from the original Amnesia or Justine

Info:
As you can probably tell, this is not a pointless jumpscare map. The horror will be genuine and make sense. In addition; grunts, brutes, or suitors will not be making an appearance. Any monsters used in the story are custom. The reason I decided against making a full conversion is due to the sheer amount of them nowadays, and I don't believe it's necessary. Another thing you should know is that quality is extremely important to me, and I want this custom story to be as professional and functional as possible. I'd appreciate any kind of comments or criticism you may have that will help me improve. I don't care how minor they are.

Anyways, you can expect Obscurity to be released sometime this year. I've already been working on it for a while and have quite a bit done already, although there is still a lot to go. A trailer will be released very soon, along with weekly(?) updates until the release. I'm still a bit on the fence about a demo. Do you guys think I should prepare one, or is it not necessary? I'd really like some feedback on this. Thanks!

Screenshots:

Voice Actors:
I'm currently hiring voice actors! The script isn't complete yet, but basically I will ask that you voice over parts that I send you over the period of development, if that makes sense. Here are the characters:

- The main roll [male, British] (narration, flashbacks, and dialogue)
- MC as a child (a couple of short flashbacks)
- A young girl [any accent] (a couple of short flashbacks)
- A middle aged woman [British] (flashbacks)
- A middle aged man [British, deep] (flashbacks)

Obviously, I don't need a separate voice actor for each one. I'll most likely need about 3 people. If you're interested, please feel free to PM me or post here! Also, if anyone is interested in making some custom music, please let me know!

Updates:
7/25/2012
8/16/2012
8/20/2012

And that's it! Please post any comments below! I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
This story sounds cool to play! I look forward to it when it's done. Do you know when it would be finished?
Custom Monsters, I love to see these. Does this mean you custom made these monsters (not even monsters from Penumbra series)?
08-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

(08-24-2012, 04:39 AM)johnbox Wrote: nice mod, nice theme, looking forward to the release! Smile
i would help you with the noises... but i'm still on vacation, so i don't have my recording equip here :/

are you using custom enemies? or the normal grunt/brute?

edit: sorry, i'm too stupid to read -__-
Haha, thanks! If you feel like helping with sounds then PM me a sample. Wink

(08-24-2012, 07:01 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: This story sounds cool to play! I look forward to it when it's done. Do you know when it would be finished?
Custom Monsters, I love to see these. Does this mean you custom made these monsters (not even monsters from Penumbra series)?
Thanks! It should be finished by the end of November, if not earlier. I'm already about 3/4 done with it, but right now the main problem I have is finishing that final 1/4 while managing all of my schoolwork.

The monsters are custom, but I didn't make them. It's another monster that hasn't been used in a custom story before, that has been slightly edited to fit my needs. I don't want to reveal too much as I want it to be a surprise. (And no, it's not stolen from another game.) Wink

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

08-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(08-24-2012, 09:48 PM)ElectricRed Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 07:01 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: This story sounds cool to play! I look forward to it when it's done. Do you know when it would be finished?
Thanks! It should be finished by the end of November, if not earlier. I'm already about 3/4 done with it, but right now the main problem I have is finishing that final 1/4 while managing all of my schoolwork.

The monsters are custom, but I didn't make them. It's another monster that hasn't been used in a custom story before, that has been slightly edited to fit my needs. I don't want to reveal too much as I want it to be a surprise. (And no, it's not stolen from another game.) Wink
Good to know, I will keep an eye out for the story. Hope you do well with that schoolwork.

I understand, and agree, about keeping them secret. While I can imagine all kinds of monster looks, I expect to be surprised by your cool Monsters.
08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(07-13-2012, 06:39 AM)ElectricRed Wrote: [Image: 2mn4sbt.jpg]

[Image: 35lss3p.jpg]
A Custom Story by ElectricRed

Crescent Village... That name has been ringing in my ears, haunting me in my dreams. Ever since my wife's death, I've been having nightmares about the place. It's where I grew up as a child, but I was sent away to live with my aunt and uncle when I was very young. I never saw my family again.

Why is this happening now, 30 years later? It seems to be calling out to me, beckoning me to return. That's why I must go. I need to find out why I'm being haunted by these nightmares, and maybe seeing my family again will help me cope with my wife's death... Something seems off about it though. All of my instincts are telling me to stay home and forget about the whole thing. I can't just shake it off though... I NEED to do this.

Story:
Upon returning to the village you grew up in as a child, you discover that it's empty. Doors are boarded up, bloodstains soak the ground, and a strange aura lingers in the air. What happened and why has everyone disappeared? Crescent Village holds a secret, and it's up to you to uncover it.

Features:
- Chilling atmosphere
- Frightening horror
- Complex and deep storyline
- Richly detailed environments and lighting
- No monsters from the original Amnesia or Justine

Info:
As you can probably tell, this is not a pointless jumpscare map. The horror will be genuine and make sense. In addition; grunts, brutes, or suitors will not be making an appearance. Any monsters used in the story are custom. The reason I decided against making a full conversion is due to the sheer amount of them nowadays, and I don't believe it's necessary. Another thing you should know is that quality is extremely important to me, and I want this custom story to be as professional and functional as possible. I'd appreciate any kind of comments or criticism you may have that will help me improve. I don't care how minor they are.

Anyways, you can expect Obscurity to be released sometime this year. I've already been working on it for a while and have quite a bit done already, although there is still a lot to go. A trailer will be released very soon, along with weekly(?) updates until the release. I'm still a bit on the fence about a demo. Do you guys think I should prepare one, or is it not necessary? I'd really like some feedback on this. Thanks!

Screenshots:

Voice Actors:
I'm currently hiring voice actors! The script isn't complete yet, but basically I will ask that you voice over parts that I send you over the period of development, if that makes sense. Here are the characters:

- The main roll [male, British] (narration, flashbacks, and dialogue)
- MC as a child (a couple of short flashbacks)
- A young girl [any accent] (a couple of short flashbacks)
- A middle aged woman [British] (flashbacks)
- A middle aged man [British, deep] (flashbacks)

Obviously, I don't need a separate voice actor for each one. I'll most likely need about 3 people. If you're interested, please feel free to PM me or post here! Also, if anyone is interested in making some custom music, please let me know!

Updates:
7/25/2012
8/16/2012
8/20/2012

And that's it! Please post any comments below! I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Is this a long custom story ? I would like to play a long and scary custom story

BTW, the screenshots looks good

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2012, 05:33 AM by No Author.)
08-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Find
LoganForrests Offline

Threads: 0

Good luck with this project, it sounds like it's coming along pretty well. I love the main theme you have had composed (extended feelings to the composer). It paints a lot of pictures, so it'll be nice to see how it fits in. I'm looking forward to it's release.

Just don't forget about that schoolwork. You can't push that back, but you can delay this a little longer to focus on what's important.

Not sure if you've decided or not, but I probably wouldn't bother with a playable demo. Those only really serve as a means of testing before you buy. The only times I check a demo is either because the full game is pricey - I want to make sure it's worth the price - or to make sure it can run on my pc well enough. A game play trailer might work better, though, which I assume you'll be working on anyway.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:32 PM by LoganForrests.)
08-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

(08-25-2012, 05:30 AM)TheNoAuthor12 Wrote: Is this a long custom story ? I would like to play a long and scary custom story

BTW, the screenshots looks good
Thanks! Although it's not as long as Amnesia, it should be fairly lengthy.

(08-25-2012, 03:06 PM)LoganForrests Wrote: Good luck with this project, it sounds like it's coming along pretty well. I love the main theme you have composed. It paints a lot of pictures, so it'll be nice to see how it fits in. I'm looking forward to it's release.

Just don't forget about that schoolwork. You can't push that back, but you can delay this a little longer to focus on what's important.

Not sure if you've decided or not, but I probably wouldn't bother with a playable demo. Those only really serve as a means of testing before you buy. The only times I check a demo is either because the full game is pricey - I want to make sure it's worth the price - or to make sure it can run on my pc well enough. A game play trailer might work better, though, which I assume you'll be working on anyway.
I take no credit for the main theme, that is TGST's work. (He's composing the soundtrack.)

Yeah, I've decided not to do a demo since it would only take up time. As for the trailer, I have the clips but I need to finish the monster noises before I can upload it unfortunately. D:

08-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2

I came up with this:

http://soundcloud.com/obsidiaguy/obscurity-growl

It's a basic growling monster sound. Maybe it's close to something you're looking for? I only used my voice and effects.

Voice actor always looking for work!
Check out my Portfolio
08-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

(08-25-2012, 05:41 PM)Obsidiaguy Wrote: I came up with this:

It's a basic growling monster sound. Maybe it's close to something you're looking for? I only used my voice and effects.
Oh wow! That's fantastic! I'll PM you.

08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(08-25-2012, 05:41 PM)Obsidiaguy Wrote: I came up with this:

very nice !
just looked up your other stuff, you're an awesome voice actor!

obscurity gets better and better Wink

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Find