Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thief Gold
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Thief Gold

I found the Deus Ex games to be kind of pretentious and dull. Hopefully that wont spill over into this game.
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Not sure the significance of this, but I'll post it here regardless: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/362...-consoles/

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Don't really see a problem with that as long as there is a PC version which isn't "consolified". I guess we'll see the game next year then.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

You wont get that i am afraid. Expect constant Heavy action, "wubwub" OST, QTE every 5 secinds, Controll hints every time you do anything other than walk (slowly) or Shoot, regenerating health, "bloody Screen-s0 real", a "gritty and realistic" script (americans saying f bombs every 2 seconds basically), 2 weapon limit, Dynamic scaling, Aim Down Sites, etc, as everything is made for console now, and everything for console is aimed at american teenagers and "new gamers" to get massive profits. sorry to burst the bubble, but, you can expect nothing but cod clones from gaming from now until it crashes because the publishers want the easy money "AAA" brings in. and AAA means Consolised Cod Clone. expect the game to have xbox720 as its lead platform, and for it to be ported to pc from console in broken form, No Anti Aliasing, No ATI support, and only half the game because it "isnt profitable" to port the other half (wich is DLC) to the PC.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 10:19 PM by the dark side.)
08-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I think I'm sensing a bit of console game content from this fellow. Just a bit. I don't agree with basically anything you said because this is a Thief game, and if they don't completely screw it up (which I don't believe they will) then it won't be a 'cod clone'. And control hints are fucking useful. I don't want to waste time figuring out controls when I could be playing the game instead.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Yeah, the dark side, you are simply too pessimistic.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
08-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-08-2012, 10:53 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I think I'm sensing a bit of console game content from this fellow. Just a bit. I don't agree with basically anything you said because this is a Thief game, and if they don't completely screw it up (which I don't believe they will) then it won't be a 'cod clone'. And control hints are fucking useful. I don't want to waste time figuring out controls when I could be playing the game instead.
Assassin's Creed II anyone? Man, I've just been playing it recently and I have to open the fucking options every ten minutes because it will say: push the Head button now, or: push the Hand Holding a Stake button now, none of which do what you'd think they do. It's not like it's a carry-over from the consoles or something because it doesn't refer to controller buttons, just these weird made up icons that confuse me to no end. It would have been so helpful if they had dispensed with that and instead printed the name of the key you need to press.
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

i am just going on the absolute Cod cloned mess that they defacated onto the Deus Ex name, and the equally cod cloned pile of rubbish they are now going to mess Hitman up with. I have no faith in Square-Enix's ability to produce a decent game anymore, Even final fantasy Stinks compared to its past glory now, ill put some faith into them when they proove to me without doubt they can still make good games that are worth my money, until then, ill lump them in with activision and EA as casual gaming focussed inepts who will not survive the inevitable games crash. You are only as Good as your last Game.

i dont hate "consoles" per se, ive got a few (NES, SNES, Master System II, Megadrive, 3dO, PS1, PS2, PS3, N64, Saturn, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Gameboy colour, Gameboy Advanced, 3DS, Xbox, and Xbox360), i just hate dumbed down stupid over easy games, no mater what system they are on.

basically, i run a system of "Let me learn! dont hold my hand!", controll hints are not usefull, they are patronising and annoying and unessesary. as far as i am concerned if all you want is an easy ride, then you should just watch a movie! kindly stop ruining gaming! as far as i am concerned the controlls should be shown ONCE! in the optional tutorial level (as was done with half life), and thats it. i dont see what is so downright "difficult" about pressing "Pause" and then looking the controlls up in the manual, or looking at the controll quick reference sheet packaged with the game if you forget the controlls.

sorry, controll hints are just pathetic and patronising, and Unnessesary. i wouldnt be so mad if they were not mandatory, i cant see why the industry cant just spend 5 minuites programming the option to turn the hints OFF so those of us who find them downright patronising dont have to put up with them!

i mean, how hard is it to remember, once you have been shown that, say, pressing triangle next to a door makes your charachter kick it clean off its hinges, really? do you really need to be shown "press triangle to kick the door open" at every single kickable door? surely just having the narattor say "you can kick doors down for a fast entry" in the tutorial and the game putting up a black box that says "to kick open doors, press Triangle". then for the rest of the game, just have a boot icon flash on screen RTCW style when you come to a door you can kick off its hinges. and if you forget the controlls you can always press pause and enter "controlls" to look (i beleive games should have custom controll options again!) or open the manual or look at the "quick reference" sheet providedf with PC games. its far less patronising, but the boot icon still tells you "you can kick this door down" without treating the player like they are an amoeba.

look, ive got learning difficulties, so if anyone should be unable to remember the controlls from door a to door b, its me, but i can remember the controlls, because i read the manual, it is why i feel patronised, i dont need to be shown the controll every single door, i can remember it from the first door, all i need is a "boot" icon to show me i can kick the door off its hinges! i dont like being treated like an amoeba, and i cannot see how you, "normal" people, can tolerate it, i really cant.

sure, hints are fine, often they are nessesary, i just dont see why it has to be "press triangle to open the door", when a "boot" icon will do just as well to show i can boot open the door, because i know its triangle from the tutorial!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012, 10:18 PM by the dark side.)
08-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

(08-08-2012, 11:41 PM)Bridge Wrote: Assassin's Creed II anyone? Man, I've just been playing it recently and I have to open the fucking options every ten minutes because it will say: push the Head button now, or: push the Hand Holding a Stake button now, none of which do what you'd think they do.
Sounds like the game suffers from having too many contextual actions.

(08-09-2012, 07:27 PM)the dark side Wrote: i am just going on the absolute Cod cloned mess that they defacated onto the Deus Ex name
You're the first guy I 'vee seen saying Human Revolution is a CoD clone. I haven't played the game myself yet, but most people say that the game is good, not as good as the first but better than Invisible War. Of course many people also complain about the boss battles.

Other than that I agree, there can be lots of hints during the tutorial section, but after that I want to learn by doing.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

i call it a Cod Clone because it plays like COD, to me, COD isnt a visual style, its a Gameplay system. and it is very similar to cod.

let me see. Regenerating health? Check, Aim Down Sites? Check, Quick Time Event? Check, Controll hints? Check. 2 gun Limit? Check, Dynamic Scaling crosshairs? Check, "bloody screen" effect? Check, Waypoints? check, Corridor levels? Check. exactly the same gameplay as Call of Duty. its why i say bulletstorm is a call of duty clone, because it plays like call of duty.

Personally, im not trolling, this is just my personal opinion, i think invisible war is better than Human Revolution, because it has the "old fashioned" gameplay i like, it plays more like an "early 2000's Shooter" rather than call of duty.

Deus Ex 1 is the best however, its nearly was good as half Life! and that is praise indeed, second best game ever made? id say so!

agreed, hints should be tutorial only. After all it worked in Half Life, wich is often voted the best game Ever made (i agree, it is the best ever made in my opinion as well), so it can still work now.
08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Find