Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you be interested in having a custom background image made in this style?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
88.89%
8 88.89%
No
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Custom Background Images - Conceptish Art
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15
Custom Background Images - Conceptish Art

Hey guys, I haven't really contributed anything particularly substantial to the community as of yet, and feel perhaps I should. After thinking of a way how, and creating this particular piece in under an hour, I thought: perhaps I can make the background ImgFiles for the custom_story.cfg, so that people can have their own custom made background for the usual CS. If anyone would like me to make one for them, please, dont be afraid to ask! Of course this will be free.

The piece I did would perhaps not be very useful for an amnesia custom story, but here it is: The first is pre-filter, the second is after, plus darkening and use of light effects. (In fact, I'm going to make this a poll to see if anyone is interested/would want one.)

[Image: imroonielstyle1.th.jpg]

[Image: imroonielstyle102.th.jpg]

A more amnesia styled one - obviously not great detail as it was also done quickly, but gives you more of an idea:
[Image: amnesiabackground2.th.jpg]
And another:
[Image: amnesiabackground3.th.jpg]

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM by The Shanus.)
07-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Custom Background Images - Conceptish Art

Sure. Nice work!
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

[Image: 18694.png]
07-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(07-30-2012, 12:10 AM)Ongka Wrote: Sure. Nice work!
Looking forward to seeing more from you.
Thanks! I'll try update the thread regularly with new stuff that I work on for fun and practice, if no-one requests anything. Shy

07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Nice, looks very atmospheric! I really like the limited palette and simplistic shapes, it looks really unique. If you'd like some constructive feedback, I actually like the pre-filter version much more. The second one looks too "fuzzy" for my taste and filters always have this nasty tendency to make a picture look "cheaper" if you know what I mean. Have some confidence in your talent here, you don't need fancy effects Wink
07-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(07-30-2012, 01:18 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Nice, looks very atmospheric! I really like the limited palette and simplistic shapes, it looks really unique. If you'd like some constructive feedback, I actually like the pre-filter version much more. The second one looks too "fuzzy" for my taste and filters always have this nasty tendency to make a picture look "cheaper" if you know what I mean. Have some confidence in your talent here, you don't need fancy effects Wink
Thanks alot! Big Grin Ah, but I did not like the contrast of the floor, nor the lighting, so the use of filters were just a shortcut really :p If I were making something for someone else, I wouldn't take it. But thanks again, really appreciate criticism and praise! I'll take your advice and limit the effects Rolleyes

07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

The source for my last image:
Spoiler below!
[Image: Castle-staircase-B-W.jpg]

My imagination could not be called upon tonight, I'm afraid. Also, sorry about the double post, but I didn't realise I could only fit 4 images in one post. I see no workaround aside from multi-posting? I dont want to constantly bring this to the top of the forum if I can help it. I'll just keep posting 4 per post I suppose.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 09:29 AM by The Shanus.)
07-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Find