Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Level Editor Help?!
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia Level Editor Help?!

.png   amnesiahelp.png (Size: 465.35 KB / Downloads: 175) (I'm new here, sorry if I posted it wrong or something..)

I just recently bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent from Steam. And after
playing through the story and with all of the scares, I thought of some
good level's to create on my own. Well, there is a problem and I was
wondering if Anybody knows how to fix this?

I read several forums if you downloaded off of Steam, and people said to extract the leveleditor.exe files into the folder:

CTonguerogram Files(x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > amnesia-the dark descent

When I do that, it crashes and gives me the answer for the reasoning of crash is this exact:

!!!GAME CRASHED!!! READ THIS:

Something is wroooong!!

LevelEditor.exe causes an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in LevelEditor.exe at 0023:0041:B70C

cEditorUserClassDefinition::Create()+0220 byte(s)

d:\hol 2\tools\editors\common\editoruserclassdefinitationmanager.cpp.line

-----------------------------

And now I tried something different to see if I can get it to work. I
would un-zip the .rar file hpl_editor_suite, and I would extract it to
the Amnesia folder, it would give me an error that says

SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

But when I look in this file:

CTonguerogram Files(x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > amnesia-the dark descent

there is a(n) SDL.dll file there.

Does anybody have Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm getting really frustrated. Angry

I'll post my secondary email here to see if someone can explain in greater detail and walk me through this.

Edit by plutomaniac: do not share your email
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Find
EXAWOLT Offline

Threads: 14
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Level Editor Help?!

all the files from the hpl2.zip should be extracted in the place you did, but are they in the right place?
example:
>amnesia the dark descent
billboards(map)
config(map)
entities(map)
-//-
Amnesia.exe
ModelEditor.exe
LevelEditor.exe
/////
like that
08-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Find
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Level Editor Help?!

.png   amnesiahelp2.png (Size: 142.69 KB / Downloads: 161) How are you able to move them in that order without adding one to a folder?
I tried moving the config folder under the billboards folder. but the "commentary" folder is in the way. How do I move the config folder so it doesn't add the config folder with the commentary folder?

The same also goes for the Amnesia.exe and ModelEditor.exe, how would I move them so they're side by side?

Sorry, I'm technologically impaired. D;

EDIT:
Or, do I move the files that are in the way, such as "commentary" to the desktop. When I do that, the billboards folder and config folders are right beside each other. Could I do that?

EDIT 2:
Never mind! I figured it out! Big Grin But it turns out that I need a(n) Amnesia Story Pack, or so says a video on YouTube. Do you know any links or websites that can help me get the Amnesia Story Pack? Apparently I need that to save and test the levels or something..?
Thank you for the help!
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM by taylor122002.)
08-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Find