Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPL installation problem
Rasuization Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago HPL installation problem

I have a 64-bit HP laptop and downloaded Amnesia from Gamestop's App. I then downloaded HPL Editor suite, and followed the instructions. But, it did not work, and won't show up on the launcher screen when I try to use the level editor.

My dad, who is an IT, told me that it was because the download instructions were for a 32-bit computer. There are no other instructions how to install the programs into amnesia from it's main wiki site though, and I can't find any other instructions. How would I get the editor suite into Amnesia?
08-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: HPL installation problem

It's the same for both verisions, locate your amnesia installation folder which contains the Amnesia.exe

Now drop all the downloaded files into there, one of the files you've now added to the amnesia directory is called Leveleditor.exe, launch that and enjoy yourself.
08-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Find
Rasuization Offline

(08-12-2012, 09:36 AM)Traggey Wrote: It's the same for both verisions, locate your amnesia installation folder which contains the Amnesia.exe

Now drop all the downloaded files into there, one of the files you've now added to the amnesia directory is called Leveleditor.exe, launch that and enjoy yourself.
When ever I do, it says C:\Program files (x86)\Amnesia- The Dark Decent\redist\launcher.exe the specific path does not exist.

Then if I try to open it, it starts up and then Crashes immediately.
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Did you come from a Mac? The launcher has nothing to do with the HPL editor suite on Windows. Describe in full detail how you installed the editor suite and how you are attempting to run one of the programs from it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Website Find
Rasuization Offline

(08-12-2012, 08:11 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Did you come from a Mac? The launcher has nothing to do with the HPL editor suite on Windows. Describe in full detail how you installed the editor suite and how you are attempting to run one of the programs from it.
My Dad put the game on his Mac, so I wanted it on my PC. But, that is the only Amnesia.exe file I can find. I went to the site (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start) and downloaded the HPLE editor suite. I then went to my Gamestop App, where I had installed the game from, and opened the file location from there. I used WinZip to open the HPL editor suite, and moved it all to the redist file (like the instructions say to do) and it didn't work. so I uninstalled and started over, and moved it all to the amnesia.exe file. Both times it simply did not work and crashed.
08-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(08-12-2012, 08:42 PM)Rasuization Wrote: My Dad put the game on his Mac, so I wanted it on my PC. But, that is the only Amnesia.exe file I can find. I went to the site (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start) and downloaded the HPLE editor suite. I then went to my Gamestop App, where I had installed the game from, and opened the file location from there. I used WinZip to open the HPL editor suite, and moved it all to the redist file (like the instructions say to do) and it didn't work. so I uninstalled and started over, and moved it all to the amnesia.exe file. Both times it simply did not work and crashed.

Well, at least you explained how you installed it. Now explain how you attempted to run one of the programs from the editor suite.

08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Website Find
Rasuization Offline

(08-12-2012, 09:28 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 08:42 PM)Rasuization Wrote: My Dad put the game on his Mac, so I wanted it on my PC. But, that is the only Amnesia.exe file I can find. I went to the site (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start) and downloaded the HPLE editor suite. I then went to my Gamestop App, where I had installed the game from, and opened the file location from there. I used WinZip to open the HPL editor suite, and moved it all to the redist file (like the instructions say to do) and it didn't work. so I uninstalled and started over, and moved it all to the amnesia.exe file. Both times it simply did not work and crashed.

Well, at least you explained how you installed it. Now explain how you attempted to run one of the programs from the editor suite.
I opened it on it's own from the file. there was no other way to open it, as the launcher (unlike a mac) doesn't have a tab for it.
08-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Does it provide any other error messages when launching an HPL editor?

Do you have any Amnesia related files in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore?

Can you post the contents of Documents\HPL2\LevelEditor.log, if any?

Can you post a screenshot of your redist folder, sorted as a list (View > List)?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 10:45 PM by Your Computer.)
08-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Website Find
Rasuization Offline

(08-12-2012, 10:44 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Does it provide any other error messages when launching an HPL editor?

Do you have any Amnesia related files in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore?

Can you post the contents of Documents\HPL2\LevelEditor.log, if any?

Can you post a screenshot of your redist folder, sorted as a list (View > List)?
Just that it had crashed.

No.

The log says ' Multisampling: 1
Texture compression: 1
Texture compression S3TC: 1
Auto generate MipMaps: 1
Render to texture: 1
Max draw buffers: 8
Max color render targets: 8
Packed depth-stencil: 1
Texture float: 1
GLSL Version: 1.30 - Intel Build 8.15.10.2342
ShaderModel 2: 1
ShaderModel 3: 1
ShaderModel 4: 0
OGL ATIFragmentShader: 0
ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!
Adding engine materials
Initializing DevIL
Vendor String: Abysmal Software
Version String: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.6.8pre Aug 12 2006
Version Number: 168
Adding engine post effects
--------------------------------------------------------

Initializing Sound Module
Initializing OpenAL
Available OpenAL devices:
0. Generic Software on Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)(OpenAL default)
1. Generic Software on Communications Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Trying to open device 'Generic Software on Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)'... Success!
Number of mono sources: 32
Streaming setup: 2 Buffers x 524288 bytes each

Initializing Game Module
Adding engine updates
Initializing script functions

User Initialization
-----------------------------------------------------
LevelEditor Build ID: 20100917115131
-----------------------------------------------------
Created Entity Loader
ERROR: Could not load XML document 'EntityTypes.cfg''

Attached Files
.png   Redist 01.png (Size: 228.08 KB / Downloads: 116)
.png   Redist 02.png (Size: 233.61 KB / Downloads: 119)
.png   Redist 03.png (Size: 235.4 KB / Downloads: 119)
08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

GLSL Version: 1.30

That's below the requirements to even run the game isn't it?
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Find