Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia language help?
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia language help?

Hello everybody! I have a question about my Amnesia game that I can't seem to figure out. The language has been changed from English to something else. I checked all of my settings under options, and everything is set to English, but yet, it's not English. I don't have a major problem, but it is annoying. Could there be something wrong with the scripting..?

I noticed this problem happen a few days ago, I was working on a CS, but then when I started a new game, it wasn't English. So I made a new profile to see if that would help, it didn't. Does anybody know what to do, or ever had this problem before? Or should I try to uninstall it and reinstall it?
08-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia language help?

(08-20-2012, 05:46 AM)taylor122002 Wrote: Hello everybody! I have a question about my Amnesia game that I can't seem to figure out. The language has been changed from English to something else. I checked all of my settings under options, and everything is set to English, but yet, it's not English. I don't have a major problem, but it is annoying. Could there be something wrong with the scripting..?

I noticed this problem happen a few days ago, I was working on a CS, but then when I started a new game, it wasn't English. So I made a new profile to see if that would help, it didn't. Does anybody know what to do, or ever had this problem before? Or should I try to uninstall it and reinstall it?
Try setting the language to something else, then back to English. If it doesn't work, then I don't know what the problem may be.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Website Find
Melvin Offline

(08-20-2012, 05:46 AM)taylor122002 Wrote: Hello everybody! I have a question about my Amnesia game that I can't seem to figure out. The language has been changed from English to something else. I checked all of my settings under options, and everything is set to English, but yet, it's not English. I don't have a major problem, but it is annoying. Could there be something wrong with the scripting..?

Pls use the default black text color for the future, thanks.

Try installing Amnesia again, this time use advanced install if the option in given. Delete all the other langauge files except Eng. or En.

There are no problems with the scripting. That only says what happens in-game. (like a door that bursts open)

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
08-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

There might be configuration or corrupted files at C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
08-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Find
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10

Sorry for typing in red text, I didn't mean to do that. ^^

And okay, I'll most likely uninstall it, then reinstall it. As for the
AppData\Local...I can't seem to find it, I mean, there's nothing
there...but also, around the same time the language got screwed up, the
name of Amnesia changed. It's not "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" anymore.
It's now "Amnesia: The Brotherhood".

I have no idea what happened, but I'll try the uninstalling.

Attached Files
.png   amnesiahelp4.png (Size: 331.76 KB / Downloads: 131)
08-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2012, 02:11 AM)taylor122002 Wrote: Sorry for typing in red text, I didn't mean to do that. ^^

And okay, I'll most likely uninstall it, then reinstall it. As for the
AppData\Local...I can't seem to find it, I mean, there's nothing
there...but also, around the same time the language got screwed up, the
It's now "Amnesia: The Brotherhood".

I have no idea what happened, but I'll try the uninstalling.
After seeing that pic, I get the feeling this is going to be a creepypasta.

When I read (around the same time the language got screwed up, the
It's now "Amnesia: The Brotherhood".) I was like, yeah right, no pic, no believing. The picture got me then.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM by Robby.)
08-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Website Find