Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Work in progress [CS] The Otherworld
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: [CS] THE OTHERWORLD (BIG SO THAT YOU SEE IT)

Oh this story is still being developed? That's great news. I had almost forgotten about it Smile

Are those screenshots in the first post new too? I really like the banquet hall, it has a nice mood and atmosphere. Only thing that bothers me a bit is the table cloth. I looks kinda like a fluffy pillow Big Grin

Did you use cloth simulation to make the mesh? If so, I think you need to tweak the values a bit more. If you didn't: use cloth simulation! Big Grin It's easy, awesome and fast. I could tell you a bit about it in Maya and Max, too, I guess - but I think you're working in Blender, right? :/
04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yeah, it's cloth simulation in Blender. Now I notice my error: I didn't triangulate the mesh when simulating Sad

Anyways, I'm sure Blender has pretty much options surrounding this. I'll play with 'em.

The first post has been updated with new screenshots.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Have you silently fired me as a beta tester? XD I haven't heard from you for way too long Big Grin

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Hahaha Big Grin

Yea well, I had it stopped because I was mainly focused in a secret project only one person knows about. And some guys in the dev support.

Also, I was a bit tired of the level editor and I left it a few time, and I focused in Blender instead.
But, now I'm full of motivation for this. Perhaps I'll send you something to test in a week, so don't think this is over. This is more alive than ever.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
04-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Anyways, I'm sure Blender has pretty much options surrounding this. I'll play with 'em.
Not sure what options Blender has, but, if available, try lowering values like rigidity, thickness, bend and compression resistance and increasing values like mass and stretch resistance (so it won't look like rubber). That should give you straighter, "heavier" folds instead of the fluffy look Smile

Not sure if you really should triangulate before the simulation. I'd do it afterwards, but my experience comes from Maya and Maya flips the invisible edge inside a quad-polygon constantly around to make it fit well - unlike 3dsMax, which has a predefined invisible edge that can be flipped manually. So do whatever your Blender cloth tutorial tells you Wink
04-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Okay, the main page has been updated with a popularity indicator.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Any progress updates, or what your current mindset is with the project? ^^

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
05-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, of course:

I don't usually post many things, mainly because I get frustrated with my derp mapping. However, this months I have been practising, and now I can use the editor well and I'm really comfy doing stuff (mainly lighting and billboards).

So, besides that the first maps are almost tweaked, with a few maps and scripting more I'll have "Chapter 1" made.

Kreekakon, I haven't forgotten you: Now that I think so, I should have told you something, sorry Tongue
I must say, I lost a bit of motivation when I saw my maps, but playing main Amnesia has increased my creativity and motivation.
I'll send you a message with the first levels beta when I'm finished, Kreekakon Big Grin

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
05-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Okay, guys! I know this doesn't get much expectation, but whatever:

Due to my improvements in story mechanicals (Tricks to scare well the player) and great improvements in my levels, It's possible you get a screenie this weekend. I have made a chase room, that I would love to post (It's quite creepy and original), but that would ruin the surprise Sad

So yeah well, just that, besides that I made for first time a model right as I had in my mind Big Grin

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Screenies!? o: I can't wait to actually play this, the story seems quite original c:

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Find