Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Sanity Game
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: The Sanity Game

(09-12-2012, 07:35 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 07:25 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Strange that if you play the game, and you click the "renamed" exit button, instead of taking you back to the menu, it quits!

Now pitch that as a script function in-game, and my unofficial map will be perfect with it!

You need a full conversion to do that. You can still have the mod show Save and Exit, but i was too lazy to make the mod work fully with game saves, so i took it out.
Well, since it is short (if you know what to do), saving isn't needed.

Gives a replay value.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM by Robby.)
09-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Website Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

man... the part where i feel pain is when
Spoiler below!
the brute starts to torture you... i can't imagine a monster like that... beating you until your dead... uhg.

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM by Gaviao.)
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

First mod that made me fear-quit.
Good job!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I fear quit at the Iron Maiden. Nothing even happened, I was just like "Nope."

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Quick review (because I have nothing better to do with my time...*sigh*)

Spoiler below!

*Quick Note - My playthrough ended around the same time as Kreekakon's; not sure how much more there was to it, but here ya go*

Main Menu: Real talk. It was beautiful. Okay Next.

Mapping: For just a single map mod it was good. Not a whole lot of detail outside of 1-2 of the main rooms. A few clipping textures and the wall corners were put together strangely. There were a few cool pillars made up of non-traditional pillar items (i.e. the red sewer corridor pieces) and I thought it was pretty neat. It might have been a weird FOV glitch, or perhaps the camera position in relation to the player was a bit off, but I could have sworn that the walls were bigger than normal (as if they'd been scaled up). The room before the tunnel was well done; quite purdy Big Grin

Lighting: There wasn't much lighting, but of what little there was, it was good. Spotlights with casting shadows used properly. Not much else to say. The one billboard you used (I'm assuming it was one, hard to tell with "..." sanity and the accompanying screen effects) I was dissapointed with; from what I could tell, it just appeared to be a singular point billboard left with the default color.

Scripting: The screen effects for the intro event looked wonderful, and the events were very well done. Granted, I had no clue what was going on in the one where I started floating and getting attacked, but it was still cool. I loved that statue from Gary - Dark Secrets as well, it was well implemented. Good use of sounds as well.

Story: If you're looking for a mod that takes the most overused and cliche plot and turns it into a work of art, look no further. Even though there isn't much storywise (at least that I was able to pick up) the setting was well established. Um...Yup.

Atmosphere: I don't want to be that guy; I really don't. Noone likes the "balls of steel" guy. But I didn't get that scared at all. I played it under all the right circumstances, but I couldn't really immerse myself. Oh well. The atmosphere was definitely dark and unnerving, but there was something that just didn't click with me.

Overall: I'm not sure if it competes with the better known names of A:TDD mods, but it can definitely hold it's own and deserves recognition for the quality and originality.

I rate it 3 memes.
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Spoiler below!

I saw the iron maiden. And i checked it everytime. and the last time i checked it i though, "Nah, he didn't make it", and BAM there it was! You got me there YC!
Also i like the concept, walking in circles. Can i borrow your idea?
I was kinda of curious about, what would happen if you began walking backwards? would it all be the same or?
And more endings? They weren't that obvious, i have seriously no idea how to complete it in different ways... Ignoring the door that opens? or search the room with the hole. You mentioned that the player didn't make it... Hmm... Maybe i should try again...

Trying is the first step to success.
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Find