Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Stuck in a wet room... help!
mobilus Offline

Threads: 1
Stuck in a wet room... help!

I'm locked in a room with three doors. Sprinklers are turned on, so the room is very wet. A switch on the wall leads to a power box, but that doesn't work and I can't open it like the other one in the hall with the cells short before (with a stone or something).

One is the door I came in, but there's no return. The second door with a red blinking lamp is locked. The third door leads to a room with some shelfs including boxes (and some batteries and pills for the inventory). A burning barrel of oil or something stands within it too.

How can I get out here? I got no idea.

I already read about the sprinklers, that they will be turned on and the door will be opened, if the barrel is flamed through the broken power box. But the barrel IS burning already, even the sprinklers ARE already turned on when I enter the room. But the door is still locked. Bug???
02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Stuck in a wet room... help!

Have you applied the patch?

Try and the Game from the previous room and see if that helps. Otherwise upload the save found in "My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/save/auto/"
02-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Find
mobilus Offline

Yes, the patch is installed since today. Maybe it's causing trouble, because it seemed to be broken. Before installing of the patch the game crashed by entering the room, and at one point I load a savegame and found myself at a point I've never been before. But I'll try with a re-beginning of the game.

Maybe the game is used and someone activated the sprinklers before I began to play it *lol*
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Find
mobilus Offline

Hmmmm... I deleted all savepoints and played the game again from the beginning. But it's the same thing as before...

I wanted to place my last savepoint as attachment, but it seems to be not possible ("The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type").

I would be very glad if anybody could help...
02-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

mobilus Wrote:Hmmmm... I deleted all savepoints and played the game again from the beginning. But it's the same thing as before...

I wanted to place my last savepoint as attachment, but it seems to be not possible ("The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type").

I would be very glad if anybody could help...

Try putting it in a ZIP or RAR file.
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Find
mobilus Offline

Oki, that's it (I hope)...
02-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Find
skoville Offline

Threads: 0

mobilus Wrote:I'm locked in a room with three doors. Sprinklers are turned on, so the room is very wet. A switch on the wall leads to a power box, but that doesn't work and I can't open it like the other one in the hall with the cells short before (with a stone or something).

One is the door I came in, but there's no return. The second door with a red blinking lamp is locked. The third door leads to a room with some shelfs including boxes (and some batteries and pills for the inventory). A burning barrel of oil or something stands within it too.

How can I get out here? I got no idea.

I already read about the sprinklers, that they will be turned on and the door will be opened, if the barrel is flamed through the broken power box. But the barrel IS burning already, even the sprinklers ARE already turned on when I enter the room. But the door is still locked. Bug???

Same problem here. Crash when entering the Mess Hall. Installed patch and can't get out. The icon shows as if you can open the doors, but no joy.
Really tired of jumping the lasers to retry. Bummer not having a "save" feature.
03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Make sure that you are using the exe that comes with the installer.

If you have overwritten the exe with you know what, please let us spend our time making new games instead of spending it trying fix bugs that do not exist....
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Find
mobilus Offline

????? New Games, new Bugs... I only asked IF it could be a bug, so a little bit kinder please.

It's ok - it was the broken patch. I'm almost through with the game.
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Find
skoville Offline

Threads: 0

mobilus Wrote:It's ok - it was the broken patch. I'm almost through with the game.

What do you mean, "broken patch"?
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Find