Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crashes when entering certain location
Ezaiany Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crashes when entering certain location

I bought Penumbra: Overture via the online store download, waited for and then applied the correct patch (just that latest ATI-fix one, no other patches, I understood it that it included all the previous ones), fired up the game and everything works fine. No texture problems, no crashing, nothing. Until:

Spoiler below!
At the beginning of the water/spider caves, where I have to stack up boxes, connect the ladder and then climb higher up to enter the spider cave.

Right after I climb up and enter the next map, the game crashes. There have been no problems prior to this one, not even graphical ones, I have all the latest drivers for both sound and video and the game itself is a clean installation with just the latest patch applied. The only thing I did out of the ordinary was:

Spoiler below!
I entered the auxillary shaft and powered up the control panel (I wasn't able to get the machinery to work of course) and -then- proceeded to go in the direction in which Red the radio man pointed me to, ie. Excavation.

Also, I feel I should add that I didn't experience this particular (or any other) crash before applying the latest patch. I did play the game up to this stage back when the graphics were broken.
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crashes when entering certain location

Please attach hpl.log, found in "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1"

Also, have you tried entering the cave any more times? Just so you know the crash is repeatable.
02-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Find
Ezaiany Offline

I sure have. I tried fiddling with various settings or even setting everything back to default with no positive results.

Here's the hpl log.
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Patch is updated with fix. Please download again, install and all should be working.
02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Find
Ezaiany Offline

Worked like a miracle, thank you very much for being so quick about it.
02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Find