Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Nightmare While Awake Chapter 1 Demo
ironman0001 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Nightmare While Awake Chapter 1 Demo

(09-30-2012, 11:52 PM)ironman0001 Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 11:21 PM)Statyk Wrote: Is this the custom story you've been trying to make flying jesus's in and other script that were posted in the support section? If you ask me, that's not scary. Any custom story like that, I'd leave and flip a table in frustration as soon as I saw one of those typical, overused jumpscares. I've done it before, and it's ruined a lot of custom stories for me. I haven't played a custom story in months.
PFFT! Flying jesus (aka: Teleporting Naked Guys) Are the most popular jumpscares!

If you were locked in a closet for 3 weeks, That wouldn't be long?
And besides... 3 weeks is a long time because there isn't much to do in a level editor! Almost everything is already made! All you have to do is make some walls, add some furniture... add some monsters and what not... and type some stuff... You don't design the walls and design the monsters and write the scripts with a freakin' pen and paper :\

(10-01-2012, 12:08 AM)Kman Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 11:52 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: PFFT! Flying jesus (aka: Teleporting Naked Guys) Are the most popular jumpscares!
[Image: you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg]
Everybody hates teleporting naked guys -.- And i see by your signature or whatever, You watch pewdiepie... And whenever he runs into a teleporting naked guy, He yells and jumps so much that the camera recording him falls! And it's not like the guy isn't used to scary games! He plays amnesia, The corridor, Slender, Penumbra, The grudge, nosforato or however you spell it... etc And has beaten like all of them! Why do you think they add so many teleporting naked guys in custom stories? Cause they know people get so scared by them! :O
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 12:16 AM by ironman0001.)
10-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

...Yeah you're definitely new here. I dun feel like making a huge wall of text though so I'm just gonna ignore it. Also I don't watch Pewds, dunno how some pot head saying he wants to get blazed with me and him translates to me watching his videos.

(10-01-2012, 12:08 AM)ironman0001 Wrote: And besides... 3 weeks is a long time because there isn't much to do in a level editor! Almost everything is already made! All you have to do is make some walls, add some furniture... add some monsters and what not... and type some stuff... You don't design the walls and design the monsters and write the scripts with a freakin' pen and paper :\
Also on this, if you really think that's all that goes into making a mod then you obviously don't have enough experience to be making your first story (or at least your first story that you release to the public). You skipped over sooooo many steps there it's not even funny.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 12:31 AM by Kman.)
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Website Find
ironman0001 Offline

(10-01-2012, 12:28 AM)Kman Wrote: ...Yeah you're definitely new here. I dun feel like making a huge wall of text though so I'm just gonna ignore it. Also I don't watch Pewds, dunno how some pot head saying he wants to get blazed with me and him translates to me watching his videos.

(10-01-2012, 12:08 AM)ironman0001 Wrote: And besides... 3 weeks is a long time because there isn't much to do in a level editor! Almost everything is already made! All you have to do is make some walls, add some furniture... add some monsters and what not... and type some stuff... You don't design the walls and design the monsters and write the scripts with a freakin' pen and paper :\
Also on this, if you really think that's all that goes into making a mod then you obviously don't have enough experience to be making your first story (or at least your first story that you release to the public). You skipped over sooooo many steps there it's not even funny.
Alright fiiine! You have to think of a custom story... Happeh?

(10-01-2012, 12:40 AM)ironman0001 Wrote:
(10-01-2012, 12:28 AM)Kman Wrote: ...Yeah you're definitely new here. I dun feel like making a huge wall of text though so I'm just gonna ignore it. Also I don't watch Pewds, dunno how some pot head saying he wants to get blazed with me and him translates to me watching his videos.

Alright fiiine! You have to think of a custom story... Happeh?
Oh and also have to think of a name... You have to make the extra english lang thing... And the hps thing... And you gotta copy a paste scripts from the wiki! There! That's all!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 12:42 AM by ironman0001.)
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah and you have to come up with a solid story, plan out the levels, pace it properly, actually make all the levels, and then test it. I've spent a good 2-3 months on a single map, and a custom story with descent length should have at least 6-7 maps.

Posting Freak
10-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Website Find
ironman0001 Offline

(10-01-2012, 12:50 AM)Kman Wrote: Yeah and you have to come up with a solid story, plan out the levels, pace it properly, actually make all the levels, and then test it. I've spent a good 2-3 months on a single map, and a custom story with descent length should have at least 6-7 maps.
And i did all of those things!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjvXvOao24etugnTmdEEb...Kjo6fzFmGS]
10-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Dedication, thought process, and overall care for the product you put out is what is necessary. You have to learn the tools and apply them effectively. I made Oh Silent Night in 13 days. Granted, I had a good amount of free time, but none the less, it still drained me after 13 days.

You almost seem "mocking". You're telling us the bare bare minimum of the things covered in the story creation process and saying that was enough. Again, look at the feedback given by not only us. The output was seemingly not enough. Keep working on it, open your mind to other possibilities, because trust me, if you think the things you said were all that were necessary, you have no clue. It just tells me you're lazy.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 01:03 AM by Statyk.)
10-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(10-01-2012, 12:59 AM)ironman0001 Wrote:
(10-01-2012, 12:50 AM)Kman Wrote: Yeah and you have to come up with a solid story, plan out the levels, pace it properly, actually make all the levels, and then test it. I've spent a good 2-3 months on a single map, and a custom story with descent length should have at least 6-7 maps.
And i did all of those things!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjvXvOao24etugnTmdEEb...Kjo6fzFmGS]
Actually from what I've seen you have a incredibly cliche story and title, very poor map design, and scares that lack any sort of originality. Anyone can go into the level editor slap down a few walls and planes, put a Grunt on one side of the room, and say "u wak up in a dark room an u dont no wher u r!!!" and justify it as a story, but actually taking the time to come up with a well thought out and interesting story, well designed maps, and interesting gameplay takes a looooot longer than 3 weeks to do.

Posting Freak
10-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Website Find
ironman0001 Offline

(10-01-2012, 01:00 AM)Statyk Wrote: Dedication, thought process, and overall care for the product you put out is what is necessary. You have to learn the tools and apply them effectively. I made Oh Silent Night in 13 days. Granted, I had a good amount of free time, but none the less, it still drained me after 13 days.

You almost seem "mocking". You're telling us the bare bare minimum of the things covered in the story creation process and saying that was enough. Again, look at the feedback given by not only us. The output was seemingly not enough. Keep working on it, open your mind to other possibilities, because trust me, if you think the things you said were all that were necessary, you have no clue. It just tells me you're lazy.
If i were lazy, I would have someone else make a custom story and i take all of the credit

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnY98UrmyhstFwP82FjMX...X3xnCanUXw]
10-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(10-01-2012, 01:00 AM)Statyk Wrote: You almost seem "mocking". You're telling us the bare bare minimum of the things covered in the story creation process and saying that was enough. Again, look at the feedback given by not only us. The output was seemingly not enough. Keep working on it, open your mind to other possibilities, because trust me, if you think the things you said were all that were necessary, you have no clue. It just tells me you're lazy.
And pretty much this. What you're saying is basically like recording an interesting day you had on your phone and then trying to sell it as a full length movie because "It's a few hours long and follows a storyline".

Posting Freak
10-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

What I'm saying is, if you think this is all you need to make a memorable custom story, you're quite mistaken. Take some time to learn first. Your audience nowadays is not interested in levels you used for testing how to learn the tools.

Sadly, this looks all too familiar.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid129831
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 01:11 AM by Statyk.)
10-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Find