Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wheres Our Graphic Fix?!?!?!
dialtone Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Wheres Our Graphic Fix?!?!?!

I have the identical issue 3D_max has posted about the graphic textures being all messed up in game where the ground and sometimes walls are all grey. This seems to mainly affect ATI cards especially the HD series as my video card is ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT and my specs are well over the min required. We were given an approx. 1 week ETA for a possible fix and its been a long time since then and I have a unusable game where I'm stuck at the Indiana Jones chasing boulder type part of the game because the graphics make it impossible to get through the part. I understand we can't always expect a fix at the snap of our fingers but we own a very popular brand/series video card and I'm sure tons of consumers are experiencing this issue and even if the progress for a fix is slow it would be nice for a constant update on the progress of the situation for we as consumers have invested our money into the product and would like to enjoy it like everyone else. Please give me some hope as I was really enjoying the product even with the horrible graphic problems and finally hit a part that is impossible to pass with the current graphics glitch and I am dying to continue my game. Please please keep us informed.

*edit* Ok well I may have jumped the gun. Since this is the only product I currently own its the only tech support forum I've been following for the past couple months. Since I like what I've seen so far in Overture I am most likely going to purchase Black Plague and decided to check things over in that tech forum to discover the HD cards are having similar issues with that game and you actually did churn out a fix just at the end of last month so I'm sorry if I came off as being impatient it just looked like much progress wasn't being made but I was wrong. I hope you can still give me an update on the progress of an update for Overture and maybe possibly an ETA.

P.S- I was wondering since Black Plague issues have been solved if I purchased it is the story of Overture involved in Black Plague in any way? I just like to finish previous games first so I'm up to date in the story line but if they are two different stories then maybe I'll get that to tide me over until Overture gets a fix.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 10:21 AM by analfabeta.)
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Wheres Our Graphic Fix?!?!?!

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/77/
03-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Website Find
dialtone Offline

jens Wrote:http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/77/

omg it had been fixed already?? I could have sworn i checked the change log for previous patches and have not heard of any ATI fixes. I feel really stupid now lol. Anyways I checked your link and don't quite understand how to download the patch is there a direct link or how do I get it? From what it said was you had to buy it from the online store or something, but that can't be right???
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

The patch is for the game sold through our store, if you bought the game from another online retailer then the patch is available in their download program/site or if you have the boxed version then you'll have to contact the publisher of the box.
03-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Website Find
dialtone Offline

yeah nm edit had the latest patch uploaded and I confirm it seems to have fixed my issues. Hooray!! Onward and upward, keep up the good work!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 10:59 AM by jens.)
03-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

dialtone Wrote:yeah nm edit had the latest patch uploaded and I confirm it seems to have fixed my issues. Hooray!! Onward and upward, keep up the good work!
I might be a bit quick to judge, but I think posting this is probably not the most intelligent thing you've ever done...

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 10:59 AM by jens.)
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

mmm, it feels nice to be appreciated
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Website Find
urizen Offline

jens Wrote:The patch is for the game sold through our store, if you bought the game from another online retailer then the patch is available in their download program/site or if you have the boxed version then you'll have to contact the publisher of the box.

the publisher of the box (Lexicon Entertainment) has no technical support email or department so it seems i am stuck with a game i can't play (ATI RADEON HD 2900XT)...I sincerely hope that you can stand behind your product and provide me with a solution for enjoying something that i payed for and expected to receive technical support....
i ve already ordered Black Plague which seems to be an excellent game according to reviews so i really wish that i can enjoy playing both games without resolving to asking for a refund from the retailer...
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2008, 01:55 AM by cajje.)
03-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Find
BeJotHaDe Offline

Threads: 2

The publisher for the german boxed version, Kalypso Media, does not offer any patches :-(
I want to play on but i can't due to the graphic glitch.

*edit*

Kalypso Media's support just replied to me that they don't offer the patch because they don't have it an do not know about it. Maybe you should get in contact with them Tongue

*edit 2*

I just tried to use the 1.0.3 patch from the dowload version with the executeable from the 1.0.2 version. Well... it worked but the graphics glitch remains....
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2008, 04:21 PM by Joshy93.)
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Find