Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who voice acted Philip in Overture ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Who voice acted Philip in Overture ?

Well, I read the Credits of all three Penumbra games, and I still couldn't find out, who did Philip's voice acting in Overture. I know that in the tech demo, it was Mike Hillard, the one who played Red in Overture (BTW, brilliant voice acting). But Philip was obviously dubbed by some other, younger sounding fellow, who had a typical British accent (which fit well with the background of the protagonist). I couldn't find this other fellow anywhere in the voice acting credits. It wasn't Mike for sure. So, who was he ? Jens or Thomas faking a british accent ? :-D Please answer this little mystery to me... :-) I am really curious about it.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Who voice acted Philip in Overture ?

I took quote from one of the Threads in Black Plague forums:

Scraper Wrote:Why didn't you guys use this guy in Overture?
I think this Philip is better than the Overture's Philip.
jens Wrote:we were pisspoor during the development of overture and Tom the writer was bold enough to step up as a volunteer for doing the voice. during black plague development we were only half pisspoor so we could afford a voice actor Wink

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2008, 01:12 PM by Ano.)
04-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Website Find
Petike Offline

Scraper Wrote:I took quote from one of the Threads in Black Plague forums:

jens Wrote:we were pisspoor during the development of overture and Tom the writer was bold enough to step up as a volunteer for doing the voice. during black plague development we were only half pisspoor so we could afford a voice actor Wink

Haha, my guess was correct then ! :-) Because I saw an interview with the writer of both Penumbras somewhere on the net... and his voice sounded very, very familliar... ;-))

04-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Scraper Wrote:I took quote from one of the Threads in Black Plague forums:

Come to think of it, I would have liked, if Tom Jubbert reprised his prologue voice acting role in Black Plague as well. The newer voice actor for Phillip wasn't bad, but completely broke the continuity of the character from the first episode - I mean :
1. He sounded more American (Scandinavian ?) in accent, than British (as if the protagonist had changed his nationality or WTF)...
2. His voice also sounded a lot older, like if he was 40 or 50, while Philip is a young 30 year old bloke...

Those are my main two reasons for criticism. Don't want to offend anyone with them... :-)

04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Find
Dogar Offline

Threads: 2

I agree, he did a passable job, and I'm a stickler for continuity. Turning from a 30'ish englishman to a 40'ish american? Really odd. o_O
04-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Find
ZaRboN
Unregistered

Not to mention that in Black Plague, we can see that Philip has white hair on his head :-P
A sign of an old man..
04-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Petike Offline

ZaRboN Wrote:Not to mention that in Black Plague, we can see that Philip has white hair on his head :-P
A sign of an old man..

Probably became prematurely grey and old from all the endless horror ! ;-DDD Hm, I just think, that a different artist worked on those pictures, or simply made a mistake in Philip's hair colour... :-P

04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Find