Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.32 Average
Common Custom Story Errors + Fixes! -- READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!!
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Common Custom Story Errors + Fixes! -- READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!!

Welcome to the forums!

You're best to create a new thread about this issue. That way we can assist you with much greater detail.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Find
Shadowokuu66 Offline

Threads: 0

You seem like smart people, so may I post my question in here? If not, just tell me, then I'll delete this post and make a new thread.
So I have the following problem: I wanted to create a simple test map, because I have never created anything with this engine and have nearly no experience with programming. So I created a map with the level editor made out of a floor, a box light that is just as big and a starting point. When I try to save it though, whether it may be through "save" or "save as", it doesn't save anything and I don't know how to make it save my map?!?! I installed Amnesia through the CD not through Steam and I tried to save it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\MyMaps" because I read it would be good to that somewhere here: https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start
I would love to create a custom story, but I can't even save a single map, please help me Sad
08-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Try to run the Level Editor as Administrator. That should fix the permissions issue you seem to be having. You can set it to always open as admin in the properties of the exe.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 11:14 PM by Mudbill.)
08-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Find
Shadowokuu66 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-05-2016, 11:13 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Try to run the Level Editor as Administrator. That should fix the permissions issue you seem to be having. You can set it to always open as admin in the properties of the exe.

Wow, how did I not think of that xD
Thank you so much! Smile
08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Find