Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amnesia custom main menu background
Orgasmatron Offline

Threads: 2
Amnesia custom main menu background

I was practicing my map making skills and thought that it would be cool to make a new background for the main menu Big Grin (I think i might use this one in an upcoming custom story of mine)

So yeah, tell me what you think, do you like/not like it?, Why?, Is there something that can be improved?

Im always happy to have some criticism or feedback about my works Smile

[Image: D729C54BF5DDD5C3F9F7422915A4A27439B7B35C]

(Note that all the candles are lit although i have set some of them not to be. I do not know how to fix this...)

Attached Files
.zip   CSBG.zip (Size: 4.88 KB / Downloads: 172)

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM by Orgasmatron.)
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia custom main menu background

Looks good Smile
But, where's the download ?

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Find
Orgasmatron Offline

I placed the file there Big Grin You can change the name of the .map file to menu_bg and it should work Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 10:51 AM by Orgasmatron.)
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

That is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to change my menu background to this Big Grin Only thing I can think of possibly changing is how suddenly it fades to black - probably because there's one very well-lit chain hanging in the blackness. Some sort of fade, like a large pointlight with 25% of the main light's value to extend into the blackness slightly might fix this. Regardless, I think this is absolutely amazing; +1 for being awesome and sharing this with everyone!

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
Orgasmatron Offline

(02-09-2013, 11:05 PM)Kiandra Wrote: That is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to change my menu background to this Big Grin Only thing I can think of possibly changing is how suddenly it fades to black - probably because there's one very well-lit chain hanging in the blackness. Some sort of fade, like a large pointlight with 25% of the main light's value to extend into the blackness slightly might fix this. Regardless, I think this is absolutely amazing; +1 for being awesome and sharing this with everyone!

Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I have other ideas for the main menu too and i will post them once i get them finished Smile

02-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-11-2013, 06:32 AM)Orgasmatron Wrote: Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I have other ideas for the main menu too and i will post them once i get them finished Smile

I don't think it's possible to put 3 random sounds to the main menu map. Maybe you can put it but people won't hear the sounds because there's a music when you open the main menu. You can hear the sounds in a CS map. But idk. Maybe possible maybe not.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM by No Author.)
02-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Find
Orgasmatron Offline

(02-11-2013, 01:29 PM)No Author Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 06:32 AM)Orgasmatron Wrote: Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I don't think it's possible to put 3 random sounds to the main menu map. Maybe you can put it but people won't hear the sounds because there's a music when you open the main menu. You can hear the sounds in a CS map. But idk. Maybe possible maybe not.

I actually have two sounds placed in the map and they do play. But they start playing at the very time you get into the main menu.

02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Find