Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra black plague [stuck] - JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE
BasR Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra black plague [stuck] - JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE

Can someone help me?

I don't know how to get past level 02 in black plague. since the update there is a new solution. the barrel is already on fire and the sprinklers won't work.

How do you solve this puzzel???

PLEASE HELP!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013, 12:01 AM by plutomaniac.)
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Find
BasR Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra black plague PLEASE HELP!!!

Okay i have read some where that you must get a fuse from the hole. but there are some steal bars for the hole. How do you break them? because that is what i am supposed to do right?
03-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I just watched some youtube walkthroughs of this part.

You only need to move the barrel (it has already gasoline spilled on it) under the fuse box and lower the switch to produce sparkles are light it with fire. Then place it under the sprinklers and you are good to go.
03-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Find
BasR Offline

This is the old solution i know how that one works but since the update there is another solution needed, the electric box won't produce sparks and the barrel is already on fire. I heard you must break the iron bars above the hole then jump in and get a fuse. then place the fuse in the electric box and turn the switch. now place the barrel (which is already lit) under the sprinklers and then it works

BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BREAK THOSE BARS!!!
03-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
BasR Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Might be a bug in the game since the update, lots of people are stuck!

I and many other players need help!

In the beginning of the game you need to enter a room with trusted blood, after I did that i came in this room with sprinklers and unaturel light and stuff.

Since the update there is a new solution needed to solve the puzzle. The barrel is already lit on fire and to make the sprinklers work i heard you must find a hole in the ground (it's behind the door on the right) but there are some bars above it. I can't destroy the bars! people on the forum said the fuse is under the bars but i can't reach it! so now me and a lot of people are stuck in this room.

what is the solution?
Or isthis a bug?
03-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Find
3dge Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Might be a bug in the game since the update, lots of people are stuck!

(03-10-2013, 11:31 PM)BasR Wrote: I and many other players need help!

In the beginning of the game you need to enter a room with trusted blood, after I did that i came in this room with sprinklers and unaturel light and stuff.

Since the update there is a new solution needed to solve the puzzle. The barrel is already lit on fire and to make the sprinklers work i heard you must find a hole in the ground (it's behind the door on the right) but there are some bars above it. I can't destroy the bars! people on the forum said the fuse is under the bars but i can't reach it! so now me and a lot of people are stuck in this room.

what is the solution?
Or isthis a bug?

Was trying to picture this room in my head as I thought it was Amnesia, but I recall this spot in Penumbra BP. I can't fully remember how to solve it and I remember trying a hella long time to set that barrel of oil on fire, I guess the fact that it is already lit is making me scratch my head. When you are talking about the hole in the ground I kinda recall it being a grid that you just lift up and walk down if I am correct.

I am sorry I tried to help you with what I can remember and what logic I can make out of the situation, perhaps some wiser souls who have played the game after the update can help you

I don't got any answers. I wanna be with Marlene... But I gotta fight. 'Cause if I don't, the planet's gonna die... So I'm gonna keep fightin'!

- Barret
03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra black plague PLEASE HELP!!! [stuck]

What? I played the Penumbra series at 2011 with the latest update v1.1 (collection version). There is no update that changes the puzzle. From where is the game?

Edit: At v1.01 update notes I found this

Quote:Added alternate solutions to puzzle in level 2 & Level 4

Maybe this puzzle can be solved differently then. But still, you can always try the easy solution. To "restart" the puzzle just load an earlier save game before entering that specific room.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM by plutomaniac.)
03-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Find
BasR Offline

(03-10-2013, 11:52 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What? I played the Penumbra series at 2011 with the latest update v1.1 (collection version). There is no update that changes the puzzle. From where is the game?

bought it one the frictional games site
03-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Find
BasR Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Might be a bug in the game since the update, lots of people are stuck!

Here is a picture of the room without touching anything!

[Image: 11rez2a.png]
03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Check my edit. I will move this to the technical support area where Jens will see it way faster. If anyone, Jens should know for sure whether this specific puzzle has more solutions or whatever. Are you the one who I was talking to some weeks ago about the same problem? I remember something.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013, 12:03 AM by plutomaniac.)
03-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Find