Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Penumbra: Revelations [Work In Progress]
Tiero Offline

Threads: 13
Penumbra: Revelations [Work In Progress]

[Image: 150.jpg]

Hello, guys. Has recently started the development of the game, called the Penumbra: Revelations". This is a direct continuation of the series of games, dedicated to the "Penumbra". Our fan-team is full of enthusiasm, and together we plan to create a full-fledged continuation of the great and terrible "Penumbra". Already very, very soon we'll upload the first gameplay video where you personally will be able to evaluate the width of the our opportunities.

Naturally we are familiar with the concept of "copyright" and we do not intend to make money out of it. All this is done solely out of love for the original. Smile

Thanks for attention, watch out for the project, and we promise - we will surprise you.

MODDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/penumbrarevelations

Scripter:
Hadareon

Mapper:
Tiero

Composer:
Julien Hauspie (Leon Kennedy)

3D Artist:
Gam_Ol

Translator:
MyRedNeptune

Voice actors:
Tanya Mazur

[Image: 111.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM by Tiero.)
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Penumbra: Revelations [Work In Progress]

This looks really great so far, but I doubt you're going to be able to make money off of it (like you said) due to copyright infringement. Also I'm sorry but "Revelations" is one of the most generic sequel names ever, I'd look for something a little more unique.

Posting Freak
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Website Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

That's great, tiero. When it will be released?

03-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Find
Tiero Offline

(03-15-2013, 01:20 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: That's great, tiero. When it will be released?

The first quarter of 2014. Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 08:36 AM by Tiero.)
03-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Website Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

This sounds really cool, might give this a shot when it comes about.

Also one question:
Spoiler below!
Who will we be playing as in this mod? The guy Philip contacted after the end of Black Plague? or some random person from somewhere?

Last thing, how will the music be like in the game? Will it reuse some of the themes from the penumbra games, or will this have a different theme that is in relation with the last three games?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

There is nothing to be continued. Philip's story is over.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Find
Jdog8998 Offline

Threads: 2

(03-15-2013, 06:46 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: There is nothing to be continued. Philips story is over.

Yeah, I can't help but agree with that. In requiem Philip had to make the choice to stay in that weird realm or kill himself to escape it. To continue the story would have to require some really good writing, and its not like the Tuurngait would just let him escape for free so the odds of making a good story out of so little are very slim. Though, I can think of one option for the story line that could possibly work, and that would be to continue the game if Phillip turns back at the end of requiem instead of joining Red, and for him to go through the door and into the shelter again, but this time to find something different I guess and somehow reach the part where he was knocked out? Wait, wasn't he killed? So that really wouldn't make much sense either. That's why he was in the place, he was dead either way.

[Image: tumblr_lvlrizSpV01r3jhpno1_400.gif]
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Well, it's a fan work, so it'll be interesting to see how they make this pan-out,even if the "official" story of Phillip may be over.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

So, is this a mod for Penumbra, Full Conversion for Amnesia, or just a new game in general?
Just wondering because of your last image.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM by Brosive.)
03-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Find
Tiero Offline

'Kman'

This looks really great so far, but I doubt you're going to be able to make money off of it (like you said) due to copyright infringement. Also I'm sorry but "Revelations" is one of the most generic sequel names ever, I'd look for something a little more unique.

Thanks for the comment! Revelations - it's what's left is not explained in the original games Penumbra.

| 'Robosprog'

Screenshots are really bland in terms of lighting but are nicely detailed in mapping, though lighting makes them pretty boring. Also, all the rooms seem the exact same with a few small variations, maybe try and fix that? (I mean in general format and style).

It is alpha version - now everything looks in better times. Thanks for comment!

| 'Macgyverthehero'

This sounds really cool, might give this a shot when it comes about.

Also one question:
Who will we be playing as in this mod? The guy Philip contacted after the end of Black Plague? or some random person from somewhere?

Last thing, how will the music be like in the game? Will it reuse some of the themes from the penumbra games, or will this have a different theme that is in relation with the last three games?

The main hero of the still of Philip. The composer was found shortly before I started to write the answer, respectively music we will have is the original. Thanks for the comment!

| 'Jdog8998'

| 'JustAnotherPlayer'

There is nothing to be continued. Philips story is over.

Yeah, I can't help but agree with that. In requiem Philip had to make the choice to stay in that weird realm or kill himself to escape it. To continue the story would have to require some really good writing, and its not like the Tuurngait would just let him escape for free so the odds of making a good story out of so little are very slim. Though, I can think of one option for the story line that could possibly work, and that would be to continue the game if Phillip turns back at the end of requiem instead of joining Red, and for him to go through the door and into the shelter again, but this time to find something different I guess and somehow reach the part where he was knocked out? Wait, wasn't he killed? So that really wouldn't make much sense either. That's why he was in the place, he was dead either way.

We omit the events taking place in the "Penumra: Requiem". Penumbra: Black Plague ended on the fact that Phillip has sent the letter - nobody killed him. From this point begins our game.

| 'Kreekakon'

Well, it's a fan work, so it'll be interesting to see how they make this pan-out,even if the "official" story of Phillip may be over.

Thank you for your comment, watch for updates and all of you shall know. Smile

| 'Brosive'

So, is this a mod for Penumbra, Full Conversion for Amnesia, or just a new game in general?
Just wondering because of your last image.

This is a complete reworking of the engine Amnesia.

======================================

Thank you all for your questions and comments!

03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Website Find