Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

beginning of the game
djeddy Offline

Threads: 1
beginning of the game

I cannot open the locker. I have looked at the you-tube walkthrough and for some reason I cannot seem to open it. I tried crouching down and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: beginning of the game

If it's the vent door you mean (Since there is no locked locker in the beginning room)

Spoiler below!
Pick up a coin, use it with the "flat-tool" or what it's name in english. The coin will now be flat, use the coin as a screwdriver to open the vent door.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Find
djeddy Offline

nackidno Wrote:If it's the vent door you mean (Since there is no locked locker in the beginning room)

Spoiler below!
Pick up a coin, use it with the "flat-tool" or what it's name in english. The coin will now be flat, use the coin as a screwdriver to open the vent door.

Thank you. It looked like they were opening the locker on the video.
I apppreciate your help! If you look at the link below, you will see what I mean:

http://www.mahalo.com/Penumbra_Black_Plague_Walkthrough
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM by HeD.)
05-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Find
djeddy Offline

djeddy Wrote:
nackidno Wrote:If it's the vent door you mean (Since there is no locked locker in the beginning room)

Spoiler below!

Thank you. It looked like they were opening the locker on the video.
I apppreciate your help! If you look at the link below, you will see what I mean:

http://www.mahalo.com/Penumbra_Black_Plague_Walkthrough
05-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Find
djeddy Offline

I cannot even open the drawer. I have played hundreds of games. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I give up. Guess this one will go in the closet.
05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

If you still want to give it a try, make sure you play the tutorial.

Also check this video for a walk through:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngysZTMWYvw
05-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Are you simply clicking once? The games physics are hard to explain; play the tutorials (as thomas said) to understand how to open things.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Find
djeddy Offline

Thomas Wrote:If you still want to give it a try, make sure you play the tutorial.

Also check this video for a walk through:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngysZTMWYvw

Thanks, Thomas. I tried the tutorial and I am at the part where it is asking me to pick up the box using "none".
What does that mean?
Boy do I feel stupid.

ED
05-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Find
djeddy Offline

I just realized that I changed the settings. I was using the left mouse button to walk and the right mouse button to walk backwards. I changed it to the default setting. That was why the tutorial was telling me to use "none".
With this, I gather that I cannot use the mouse button to walk? (I really hate using the keyboard).
05-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

djeddy Wrote:I just realized that I changed the settings. I was using the left mouse button to walk and the right mouse button to walk backwards. I changed it to the default setting. That was why the tutorial was telling me to use "none".
With this, I gather that I cannot use the mouse button to walk? (I really hate using the keyboard).

That should work fine, u just need to reconfigure the keys so that the ones that where use by the mouse are bound to some other key. Do not forget that in the key config menu, u can press the different categories on the left to bring up more key configs.
05-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Find