Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted by Ghosts
MatiCekuriel Offline

Threads: 11
Haunted by Ghosts

Hi everyone!

After several months of work, I finaly have the pleasure to announce that I finished my second Custom Story, entitled Haunted by Ghosts!

You're John, a professional thief. It's said that an old Count, now dead, had in his mansion in a distant village, the largest diamond in the world, the Fynart!
It will be the highlight of your career. After several months of searching, you finally find that village, ruined after a massacre caused by a madman. You rent an old house and wait for your time ...
The time to steal this Fynart has come. But you will find dark secrets in this mansion. About the Count and you.

Download link: http://dl.free.fr/uV501K3x4
(I prefer to warn you, the first loadings are long)

[Image: 1366303682-hbg-logo.jpg]

To play this CS you will need the mod White Night, which you can download here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/white-night/do...elease-v11
and Through the Portal : http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-through-the-portal
(I think I put all the files used in the CS, but we never know, by downloading these mods you will be sure that nothing is missing Wink )
The CS is available in French and English (I'm french, so please forgive the potential English mistakes :S). To install it, it's simple:
-Open the downloaded archive.
-Go to the source file Amnesia (where there are "config", "custom_stories" etc ...)
Drag all - I said ALL - the content of the archive in the source file of Amnesia.
-Launch Haunted By Ghosts.exe
-Enjoy!

Thank you to send me any problems concerning CS (Especially translation problems !)
I hope you will enjoy this Custom Story ... >: )
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM by MatiCekuriel.)
04-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Haunted by Ghosts

I want to play it but i really don't want to install White Night and Through the Portal. You should just add the entities from these mods to yours.

04-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
MatiCekuriel Offline

Threads: 11

(04-18-2013, 10:07 PM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: I want to play it but i really don't want to install White Night and Through the Portal. You should just add the entities from these mods to yours.

It's just a precaution, normally everything is there but I may have forgotten some things.
04-19-2013, 06:52 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I'll have a look through the game and offer some translations. I'll be more than happy to have a go Smile

Must be your screenshot that convinced me. I'll pm you what I find in the lang and other files just scouting over them. I promise not to look at code so I dont encounter spoilers xD

I'll also confirm if it works without White Night or Through the portal installed Smile

EDIT: When downloading; click this box (in case French is not your forte (get it? Wink ))
[Image: oa7vd0.png]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM by Romulator.)
04-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Just completed it. Really creative and pretty nice overall.

What I mostly liked:

Spoiler below!

Intro was nicely done no negative things to say here.. Outside environment was kind of poorly executed I mean houses are really nice but this area is pretty big and annoying to find one rock.. I was stuck here a long time and got frustrated like 20 minutes then found that freaking rock. Make more rocks near by where is that mansion where player have to enter.

Secondly I liked how you made that mansion using really unique assets and this was my first time how nicely they fit in decoration walls, floors, detailing stuff.. Later on I was really surprised how much effort you put in the Good mansion / Bad mansion part. I really liked that and was terrified whole time while walking Bad mansion areas.

Later on... I reached sewers and one of your rooms has really poorly made mapping because some walls here doesn't fit and are misplaced and I see through some of the walls. Maybe fix those..

Overall ending was pretty badly executed because there are nothing special I mean there are two endings which is nice, but I expected a lot more! Because I really liked beginning and those nightmare sequences..

However I liked scares no cheap ones, you build atmosphere nicely at the begin but immersion brokes when first monster spawn so early.. I remove that and make something else..

Storytelling is meh... average.. voice acting is okay using french voice acting.

Overall: There are flaws, but small ones.. this story was really great. Great job!

Verdict: 7.2 / 10 - Decent Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM by HumiliatioN.)
04-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

ghosts
04-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Error!
-------- Loading complete ---------
ERROR: Couldn't create ent file 'models/player/hands/hands.ent'
What now?

FIX :
You need to have all models\sounds\music from whinte night to play this!
I mean you need them to work properly!
-
I did this ->resources->open it and there is some wn*********
Remove all the wn******* then it works fine!
So...
Problem:
the author must put all models\sounds\music from wn in his folder!!!
and rename those mosels\sounds\music into this
wn_models
wn_sounds
wn_music {like it is now in the resources!
-
The resources can't find the models cause the models isnt defined anywhere in the resources!
Fix this for other people to work! {or they all need to download the other 2 mods ... they won't! }
-
I hope i helped you out here,
please fix it and this mod will have a LOT of potential!!!
it looks great so far! { 3th map atm }
-
DnALANGE
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM by DnALANGE.)
04-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Find