Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Getting past the steam.
warblington Offline

Threads: 1
Getting past the steam.

Help. Could somebody please give some specific instructions how to get past the steam.I have tried walking past the first blast when it dies down and then stopping before the second blast.I just get killed each time. On pressing continue I end up outside the workshop and it takes time to get back to the storage room and back to the steam.Driving me nuts!
06-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Find
Guyra Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Getting past the steam.

You just need to time it correctly, if you're talking about the passages below the guy who's locked himself up inside a room.
06-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

warblington Wrote:Help. Could somebody please give some specific instructions how to get past the steam.I have tried walking past the first blast when it dies down and then stopping before the second blast.I just get killed each time. On pressing continue I end up outside the workshop and it takes time to get back to the storage room and back to the steam.Driving me nuts!

Once you get past the first burst of steam, head immediately to the left, where you'll also find a short little tunnel. Here, there is another piece of the lost researchers diary about the cavern spiders (and some other useful item, if I remember well). Once you rest a little (or cure yourself, if you got wounded by the first burst), head back to the steaming pipes. The second and third burst are quite close to each other, but there is enough space between them for you to wait for a while, so you won't have to run through both of them at once. Pass the second burst, wait a bit, till the third burst passes and continue towards the end of the tunnel. The valve for stopping the steam will be there too.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
06-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Oh yeah, and the glowing 'Artifacts' are saving points. So if you want to re-apperar in the Storage room, just save the game.
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Find