Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing a .dae into a .ent
clonerex340 Offline

Threads: 14
Changing a .dae into a .ent

I have tried everything in terms of converting a .dae file into a .ent. I made a couple changes to a Brute for a FC I'm making, and I want to know how I can actually change it into a .ent so I can put it into one of my maps. I will try anything and everything.
05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Changing a .dae into a .ent

What the hell did you do to the Brute?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23

(05-24-2013, 01:48 AM)clonerex340 Wrote: I have tried everything in terms of converting a .dae file into a .ent. I made a couple changes to a Brute for a FC I'm making, and I want to know how I can actually change it into a .ent so I can put it into one of my maps. I will try anything and everything.
open the model editor and click import mesh under the "file" tab.
05-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Look. It's not about changing it into a .ent file.

Every entity has both a .dea and a .ent file.

A static_object only has a .dea file.

The .dea file is the model itself.
A .ent file is a file that tells the game what kind of object this is. Is it an enemy? Is it a lantern? Maybe a lamp?

So to make it an entity, you should copy another .ent file, open it in a text-editor and change the corresponding .dea file-paths inside it.

Then open the .ent file in the model editor and change what you want to change under userdefined variable.

Trying is the first step to success.
05-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

@BeeKayK: It's .dae, not .dea Big Grin

So:

The .dae file is the model itself, with the UV texture coordinates, the assigned textures, etc. The .ent file, is a simple file which tells the game what thing that is: If you change the Type of a door from SwingDoor to <Object<Grab, you can grab the door and carry it freely, like if it was a box.

I think that in the wiki there are some tutorials on how to do this, so try luck there Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Find