Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Routine: A New Horror Game
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Routine: A New Horror Game

I heard about it from steam greenlight a while ago actually but yeah it looks cool

Posting Freak
06-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-26-2013, 09:25 PM)Danarogon Wrote: I'm feeling all hipster cuss I already knew about this gem for a year or so.

Same... I checked Greenlight a little after it was introduced, found it and was like "oooh, space horror" and have been watching it since. :I
06-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Is there any information regarding the release date except -'2013'?
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Sounds nice and more encouraging than Outlast. As to the perma-death... It depends on the length of the game. Justine is very short so permadeath is justifiable, can't tell as for this one.
06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

OH DEAR GOD MY UNDERWEAR....

06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

That`s it! I`m going to reinstall UDK and do some experimenting. *inspired*

/////////////////////////////////////
06-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Oh my lord my love for horror in space... That video. URGGHGHHH Need to search it out more. This looks really really promising.

Also... I kinda look forward to permadeath. It adds an incredible level of fear to the player. When you are powerful, you know you will not lose, what happens to the player? They become unimmersed. They play god and laugh at the enemies. Why, I remember playing Dead Space 2 Hardcore mode. I played the game on every difficulty before that, and when I put on Hardcore mode, It was like I never played the game before. (Hardcore Mode gives you only 3 saves throughout the entire campaign; you die, you start over; The ammo drops are low; the enemies are at their highest difficulty) To feel afraid if I get caught, I die and lose, spikes up the fear so much. I look forward to it...
06-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(06-28-2013, 12:46 AM)Statyk Wrote: Oh my lord my love for horror in space... That video. URGGHGHHH Need to search it out more. This looks really really promising.

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU POTATO
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(06-28-2013, 12:46 AM)Statyk Wrote: Oh my lord my love for horror in space... That video. URGGHGHHH Need to search it out more. This looks really really promising.

Also... I kinda look forward to permadeath. It adds an incredible level of fear to the player. When you are powerful, you know you will not lose, what happens to the player? They become unimmersed. They play god and laugh at the enemies. Why, I remember playing Dead Space 2 Hardcore mode. I played the game on every difficulty before that, and when I put on Hardcore mode, It was like I never played the game before. (Hardcore Mode gives you only 3 saves throughout the entire campaign; you die, you start over; The ammo drops are low; the enemies are at their highest difficulty) To feel afraid if I get caught, I die and lose, spikes up the fear so much. I look forward to it...

Hopefully they use the permadeath mechanic in the right way. It can be very thrilling, but also very frustrating, if they make the wrong use of it. In justine I feared every step I take, and it took often around five minutes, before I left a safe area. If they manage to set this mood, I'll be happy. Smile
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(06-28-2013, 12:46 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Oh my lord my love for horror in space... That video. URGGHGHHH Need to search it out more. This looks really really promising.

What's your reaction in that kind of hardcore game when you actually do die and have to restart? Do you find the same level of engagement persists the next time you're replaying the same section?

In contrast, what do you think about the extremely low consequences for death in Amnesia TDD relative to Hardcore mode on DS2, in terms of your level of engagement? (not comparing with Justine because that's deliberately short)

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM by Adrianis.)
06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Find