Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Weird thing just happaned
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Weird thing just happaned

(06-30-2013, 12:46 AM)BAndrew Wrote: Prediction: As always there is going to be an awful lot of I-told-you-so's from the UFO yo-yos. At least in my experience such threads usually turn into "aliens attacking earth" scenarios. I hope this thread is different. Generally people on FG forums are more open minded and logically orientated so this is (fortunately) quite possible.

In any way I suggest we seek a logical explanation.

(06-30-2013, 12:00 AM)i3670 Wrote: How in the world will we be able to know what you saw?

Well this is true. It could be anything. Sattelites orbiting the earth, aeroplanes, helicopters, asteroids entering earth, very bright stars, a combination of the above.

I have a couple of questions which may help us understand what you saw:

1)When did you see this? You said night, but can you be a bit more specific? Can you approximately tell us the time*?

2)What is the duration of the event? Five minutes? 1 hour? etc.

3)How intense was the light? Was it a bit more than a usual star or much greater?

4)How many were they? I don't expect you to be very specific, just trying to get as much information as I can. For example you said that they were more in the video.

5)Do you live in a city with many lights or in a countryside with few?

NOTES:
*Don't convert time in GMT. Keep your local time whatever it is.
*The movement you saw could be due to:
  • The Earth's movement (if you saw it for a few seconds or a couple of minutes then this is not the case)
  • Satellites, aeroplanes or helicopters orbiting the earth or just moving.
  • Light reflections (if you live in a city). Also a lighthouse could do the trick (have happened before Wink. Although if there were many of them then we have to rule this out.

Well I posted this like 15 mins after I saw it. So around 11:07 PM on the fg forum time.

I dunno. It took around 3-5 minutes.

They simply seemed stars but a bit brighter than the rest. But less than when we see an airplane in the distance.

I dunno (And sorry I just noticed the music the video had... but it was the first of a similar case I found) They were at least more than 100. So I guess that would cut out airplanes or helicopters.

I live in the city of Porto (In Portugal) there are lots of lights making most stars unnoticeable at night... hence why my father got curious when he first saw the cluster. But from where we first saw the passing of this cluster there was relatively not much light from the streets... but I lost them when the cluster passed over my house and went to the street illuminated side of my street.

So I don't think they are debris falling to the atmosphere because they was no trail like when we see falling stars... besides the amount of time it took.

I don't think they are Airplanes and such because of the quantity.

And I don't they are satellites because the light would be too dim to be seen.

I honestly don't know what it could be.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 02:22 AM by Danny Boy.)
06-30-2013, 02:17 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK8fj18YylVm3xlTWtt-q...8oSjsVz3qQ]

[Image: luv.gif]
06-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(06-30-2013, 02:20 AM)Wooderson Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK8fj18YylVm3xlTWtt-q...8oSjsVz3qQ]

I personalty am not saying its aliens... Whatever those things were, they could be man made for all I know. UFO means Unidentified Flying Object. And that labels doesn't directly mean its from another world.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 02:24 AM by Danny Boy.)
06-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You guys watch too much X-Files it seems.
06-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(06-30-2013, 12:46 AM)BAndrew Wrote: Generally people on FG forums are more open minded and logically orientated so this is (fortunately) quite possible.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
06-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

It could be that some photon's formed under the skies and was builded up to look like a cluster.

[EDIT: Just a theory.]

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
06-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

It rustles my jimmies when people say that it's illogical that things like aliens and such doesn't exist. We, as humans, think we know everything, but we don't. We've merely grasped the surface of the universe. There is so much more to discover and until then we shouldn't make assumptions.
06-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Alien debate: Round 3

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
06-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

@Danarogon

I wouldn't be so fast to cancel out helicopters,aeroplanes and satellites.
Sattelites do not have faint light, quite the contrary. I've seen satellites sometimes and they look like ordinary stars. I only saw 1 (the ISS) , but some people I know have seen a whole cluster of them. Considering how many of them are orbiting the Earth, this is not really surprising.

Impossible question: How far were they? (Chuch Norris can answer that)

I know that you can't possibly know that, but if we knew then I believe we would be able to figure out what it was.

In any case, in the video, they seem like some kind of particles. If you notice, their movement is too random. Some go backwards, then forwards, others are following different paths, but in the end all of them are heading towards the same direction. I don't know what particles they could be.

EDIT: The last paragraph just ruled out the possibility of aeroplanes and helicopters. Congratulations! I just contradicted myself! Dodgy

(06-30-2013, 02:43 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Actually, yes we are Wink. Just wait 60 years.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM by BAndrew.)
06-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(06-30-2013, 10:52 AM)BAndrew Wrote: @Danarogon

I wouldn't be so fast to cancel out helicopters,aeroplanes and satellites.
Sattelites have do not have faint light, quite the contrary. I've seen satellites sometimes and they look like ordinary stars. I only saw 1 (the ISS) , but some people I know have seen a whole cluster of them. Considering how many of them are orbiting the Earth, this is not really surprising.

Impossible question: How far were they? (Chuch Norris can answer that)

I know that you can't possibly know that, but if we knew then I believe we would be able to figure out what it was.

In any case, in the video, they seem like some kind of particles. If you notice, their movement is too random. Some go backwards, then forwards, others are following different paths, but in the end all of them are heading towards the same direction. I don't know what particles they could be.

EDIT: The last paragraph just ruled out the possibility of aeroplanes and helicopters. Congratulations! I just contradicted myself! Dodgy

(06-30-2013, 02:43 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Actually, yes we are Wink. Just wait 60 years.

And I'm saying there is no way it was satellites. if I barely could see some stars in the sky. How come these "satellites" were brighter than them? not to mention it was a relatively condense cluster of them.

Second it wasn't "particles" because hey... They glow at night and appeared to be several kilometers in the sky.

Also I seriously doubt helicopters because Portugal doesn't have that many. Unless the US sent some military airships over Portugal to do something somewhere in europe.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 01:25 PM by Danny Boy.)
06-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Website Find