Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can help with Sound Design
3dge Offline

Threads: 3
I can help with Sound Design

Hey! I am a 19 year old guy living at the top of the wast hills of Norway and I am here to help you with some of your sound problems!
(I have no idea how to implentment sound into games, I just make the sound FX/music)

Whatever you need, just give me as detailed description as possible and I will get right to it!

Here is a teaser of a early project (I have improved wastly since then)
https://soundcloud.com/aresaetre/amnesia-a-short-moment

Hope you will find my service helpfull Smile

I don't got any answers. I wanna be with Marlene... But I gotta fight. 'Cause if I don't, the planet's gonna die... So I'm gonna keep fightin'!

- Barret
07-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Website Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: I can help with Sound Design

Do you create your own sounds or do you only use pre-made sounds?

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
3dge Offline

(07-02-2013, 01:26 PM)Wapez Wrote: Do you create your own sounds or do you only use pre-made sounds?

I have a personal library I've been building over 2 years, also I like to use my personal time to capture new sound assets from specific locations.
In the preview I used some of the sounds found in Amnesia: TDD folders.
But that was a test of what I could do with proper dark sounds.

Over the years my focus has been on making soundscapes, the ones you hear while outside, inside a shopping mall and so on, but in the past few months I've started working on capturing dark and atmospheric soundscapes Smile

I don't got any answers. I wanna be with Marlene... But I gotta fight. 'Cause if I don't, the planet's gonna die... So I'm gonna keep fightin'!

- Barret
07-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Website Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-02-2013, 04:22 AM)3dge Wrote: Hey! I am a 19 year old guy living at the top of the wast hills of Norway and I am here to help you with some of your sound problems!
(I have no idea how to implentment sound into games, I just make the sound FX/music)

Whatever you need, just give me as detailed description as possible and I will get right to it!

I fancy the sound example you had on souncloud, but I don't see how this would be used in a mod when almost all sounds will occur at different times depending on the speed of the player(unless you have magnificent scripting skills and can perfectly time each sound) anyways the soundscape idea sounds really cool!

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Spoiler below!

(07-02-2013, 04:22 AM)3dge Wrote: (I have no idea how to implement sound into games, I just make the sound FX/music)

Save it as soundname.ogg, use this to make it play in-game:
PHP Code: (Select All)
PlayMusic(stringasMusicFilebool abLoopfloat afVolumefloat afFadeTimeint alPriobool abResume); 
asMusicFile - the music to play + extension .ogg
abLoop - determines whether a music track should loop
afVolume - volume of the music
afFadeTime - time in seconds until music reaches full volume
alPrio - priority of the music. Note that only the music with the highest priority can be heard! 0 - lowest, 1 - higher, etc.
abResume - if true, playback will be continued from where the track stopped after the call to StopMusic(); if false, the track will be restarted

I know that's not what this thread is about, so I'll go back into hiding :p

Glad to know that you're here and making sound-scapes; I'll let you know if I can think of anything in specific that I'm still missing from my CS :D

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
07-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

(07-04-2013, 05:57 AM)Kiandra Wrote:
Spoiler below!

(07-02-2013, 04:22 AM)3dge Wrote: (I have no idea how to implement sound into games, I just make the sound FX/music)

Save it as soundname.ogg, use this to make it play in-game:
PHP Code: (Select All)
PlayMusic(stringasMusicFilebool abLoopfloat afVolumefloat afFadeTimeint alPriobool abResume); 
asMusicFile - the music to play + extension .ogg
abLoop - determines whether a music track should loop
afVolume - volume of the music
afFadeTime - time in seconds until music reaches full volume
alPrio - priority of the music. Note that only the music with the highest priority can be heard! 0 - lowest, 1 - higher, etc.
abResume - if true, playback will be continued from where the track stopped after the call to StopMusic(); if false, the track will be restarted

I know that's not what this thread is about, so I'll go back into hiding :p

Glad to know that you're here and making sound-scapes; I'll let you know if I can think of anything in specific that I'm still missing from my CS Big Grin

There's still a few important things missing like for example when making a Sound effect you'd need a .snt file aswell not sure if this is nessesary for music but yeah. If you're making ambient sounds make them a sound effect otherwise only one sound would be able to be heard at a time.

Just thought I'd notify you about this to avoid future confussion Smile

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Find
3dge Offline

(07-04-2013, 03:53 AM)Zandorio Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 04:22 AM)3dge Wrote: Hey! I am a 19 year old guy living at the top of the wast hills of Norway and I am here to help you with some of your sound problems!

I fancy the sound example you had on souncloud, but I don't see how this would be used in a mod when almost all sounds will occur at different times depending on the speed of the player(unless you have magnificent scripting skills and can perfectly time each sound) anyways the soundscape idea sounds really cool!

This was just an example of what I can do, of course when making sounds for a mod/game I will make all the FX unique (by that I mean they get their own file) and the ambience will be longer but made in such a way it can loop. I am working on a ambience for a request I got a few days ago, I willl upload it to soundcloud and post it here so you can listen and respond.

- Barret
07-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Website Find
Artyom Offline

(07-04-2013, 08:59 AM)3dge Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 03:53 AM)Zandorio Wrote:

This was just an example of what I can do, of course when making sounds for a mod/game I will make all the FX unique (by that I mean they get their own file) and the ambience will be longer but made in such a way it can loop. I am working on a ambience for a request I got a few days ago, I willl upload it to soundcloud and post it here so you can listen and respond.

Alright awesome!

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Find
3dge Offline

Hey there!
I'm back again and I got some more examples for you guys.

I have created a Ambient-drone-backgroud sound that is just supposed to be there (most people know what it is) other things are supposed to be put on there, like a subtle music or tension building ambience.

(https://soundcloud.com/aresaetre/machine...a-ambience )

Also made chase music.

(https://soundcloud.com/aresaetre/chase-amnesia-fx )

Give me feedback and tell me if you want something made!

- Barret
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM by 3dge.)
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Website Find