Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good idea?
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
Is it a good idea?

Hi!

Alright so I've spent the last week reading through the Metro 2033-2034 books and It made me extremely excited to make a mod, based on the books.
Most of you will be thinking

-Hey! There's already two metro games out there!

And yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. But neither 2033 or Last light is very scary, mainly due to the fact that you almost always is able to kill the AI. This wouldn't really be possible in amnesia without putting a lot of work into it. But that's not what I want.

Comparing the book with the game I found severe differences in the way the AI behave and the way they do in the game. Also the way they react when the "dark ones" appear.

So, what I'd like to do is make my version of Metro 2035 in the HPL2 engine. At frst this was supposed to be a source mod, but after discussing it with a friend I think the HPL2 would be the better, mainly due to the fact that all the features the HPL2 engine includes, just makes it a better engine for the sort of enviroment I'm aiming for.

Anyhow this would not be the Metro you might be used to I'll be aiming more towards the books not the games.

This was just a quick brief of what I had in mind and I'd love to show what I've got so far but I'm on vacation so I don't have acces to the files.

Anyways I hope some people will find this interesting and give me more ideas.

Well that's all I had to say.

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Is it a good idea?

(07-04-2013, 05:47 AM)Zandorio Wrote: Hi!

Alright so I've spent the last week reading through the Metro 2033-2034 books and It made me extremely excited to make a mod, based on the books.

And yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. But neither 2033 or Last light is very scary, mainly due to the fact that you almost always is able to kill the AI. This wouldn't really be possible in amnesia without putting a lot of work into it. But that's not what I want.

Comparing the book with the game I found severe differences in the way the AI behave and the way they do in the game. Also the way they react when the "dark ones" appear.

So, what I'd like to do is make my version of Metro 2035 in the HPL2 engine. At frst this was supposed to be a source mod, but after discussing it with a friend I think the HPL2 would be the better, mainly due to the fact that all the features the HPL2 engine includes, just makes it a better engine for the sort of enviroment I'm aiming for.

Anyhow this would not be the Metro you might be used to I'll be aiming more towards the books not the games.

This was just a quick brief of what I had in mind and I'd love to show what I've got so far but I'm on vacation so I don't have acces to the files.

It's a nice idea, but it's the fact on making the Dark Ones and some friendly NPC's that's really hard to do. You also might wanna ask the Creator of the book so that you won't got copyright issues later on.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Is it a good idea?

Quote:It's a nice idea, but it's the fact on making the Dark Ones and some friendly NPC's that's really hard to do. You also might wanna ask the Creator of the book so that you won't got copyright issues later on.

Yeah I agree that's why I considered it to be a source mod.
Although I could tweak the story a bit to fit better.

(07-04-2013, 07:29 AM)JAP the Birthday Boy Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 05:47 AM)Zandorio Wrote: Hi!

It's a nice idea, but it's the fact on making the Dark Ones and some friendly NPC's that's really hard to do. You also might wanna ask the Creator of the book so that you won't got copyright issues later on.

Oh almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Heart (no homo)

- Inactive account -
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013, 02:05 PM by Artyom.)
07-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Find