Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Retail box version compatibility
k00pa Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Retail box version compatibility

So if I go to local store and buy retail box of this game. Will it work on linux? Like et:qw I can buy windows version and then download linux binaries.

Or if I want linux version is only way to get it the electronic download?
07-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Retail box version compatibility

I believe the only way to get Linux version is an electronic download. Frictional Games isn't a multi-billion dollar company ;-)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Find
k00pa Offline

Threads: 1

WindexGlow Wrote:I believe the only way to get Linux version is an electronic download. Frictional Games isn't a multi-billion dollar company ;-)

Okey, but I don't think that it cost much that somebody makes binarys(only binarys) donwloadable free from website, so I can buy windows version and use downloadable linux installer to install it from windows install files...
07-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

k00pa Wrote:
WindexGlow Wrote:I believe the only way to get Linux version is an electronic download. Frictional Games isn't a multi-billion dollar company ;-)

Okey, but I don't think that it cost much that somebody makes binarys(only binarys) donwloadable free from website, so I can buy windows version and use downloadable linux installer to install it from windows install files...

It actually does.. Retail box copies make next to no money unless you have a LARGE volume. Also the only way I make money is from the direct Linux & Mac sales. And if you actually look at the whole set of commercial linux games, very few provide "free binaries". Mainly ID Software games and Unreal. Which reminds me.. I need to check on how Icculus is doing on the unreal tournament 3 port

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
11-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Website Find