Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: AAMFP Assets
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Put them into the distributed folder.
50.00%
10 50.00%
Have people do it from their own copy of the game.
50.00%
10 50.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAMFP Assets and Custom Stories
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
AAMFP Assets and Custom Stories

Should we put all the used assets from MFP into the folder's we distribute? or should we just say that "The assets from MFP are needed in the Amnesia folder in order for this Story to work correctly."

And have everyone else put the assets in from their own game.
Input Anyone?

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013, 10:52 AM by 7heDubz.)
10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: AAMFP Assets and Custom Stories

Would that not mean that we have massive downloads for even small custom stories?
10-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Yes! if we had to include all the MFP stuff we use in our CS's the downloads would be truly massive! I have voted against it personally.

10-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I think it would be better to have a how to set up for AAMFP custom stories/mods tutorial stickied and on the wiki to be honest. Not only would downloads be a pain but we would also have a ton of duplicate files
10-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

even so i feel like it will happen inevitably. Either way when i release my IFC ther'll be one with all the junk in it and one without.

10-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I've been keeping track of which models from AAMFP I've used in my CS so I could make an alternate download with the assets for people who didn't buy the game, but I'd personally prefer if I didn't have to do that and rather just treated it like the Justine patch by warning players that the game may be missing pieces and certain engine scripts.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
10-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

A proper installation is needed though to make the assets not to mix or fuck up the game.
Why?
  • Some files are changed and could be overwritten with the original ones.

• If you put all of them into a folder, the level editor could read the mesh of the latter installed file

I've installed the static_objects under 'AAMFP' folder in 'static_objects'.

THOUGH you will need to rename all the existing folders in atdd's 'static_objects' to '[folder]_aamfp'

For example: in static_object I have 'mansionbase'
in static_object/AAMFP I have 'mansionbase_aamfp'
'debris_aamfp'
'castlebase_aamfp'

etc.
rename with _aamfp suffix ONLY the ones that exist in the original ATDD folder. 'enginebase' is left like it is.

This will help to not to mess up the level editor with the meshes, and would help for a general installation so that everybody uses the same files' folders.

We can even put AAMFP's folders into static_object: they shouldn't overwrite anything because of the suffixes.

EDIT: this is for the static objects only! with the entities you could do the same thing!

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 03:15 PM by Hardarm.)
10-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(10-13-2013, 06:56 AM)Kia Wrote: I've been keeping track of which models from AAMFP I've used in my CS so I could make an alternate download with the assets for people who didn't buy the game, but I'd personally prefer if I didn't have to do that and rather just treated it like the Justine patch by warning players that the game may be missing pieces and certain engine scripts.
It's an option to keep tracking AMFP files and include them alone with your CS. But I presume different CS would be filled with different AMFP assets. As a result some day players would have a fucked up TDD game... probably... maybe... hmm... Seems like all that TDD editor Update and CS production would be quite problematic, because most of CS players would have to download the whole TDD editor Update, otherwise unforeseen consequences might occur... well I presume, I do not know. Anyway, all that story with TDD editor and its parts Update is confusing in fact. It's not so clear how to distribute CS stories made with AMFP entities with specific for AMFP functions, moreover CS with new script functions.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM by Alex Ros.)
10-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Website Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

I see that the poll is even which surpises me greatly :S Think about the amount of people that want to make a mod with most of the amfp assets (my guess is that many people will because they want a fresh environment). Their file size would increase dramatically and there would be duplicate files all over the place. Personally, this doesn't sound like a solution to me. Instructing people on how to implement amfp assets in TDD would be the best way. I know there are many implications with this as well. The biggest problem might be that some people are confused and maybe not that good with computers... so either way I don't feel good about this but I think it would be the best way. There's my two cents Smile

My mod Amadeus
10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Find