Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelter is done and ready to be played by you!
Pandachoko Offline

Threads: 14
Shelter is done and ready to be played by you!

I removed the CS and got something great to share!(YOU CAN STILL DOWNLOAD the CS from the youtube video I posted about it)

But you found my CS dissapointing,
(THE GAMEPLAY is a dissapointing, the storyline is awesome, and shall not start a discussion about that)

But I have some great news.!

I will rework on the CS to put jumpscares and horrors in it.!(to show what I had in mind when I was making the layout!)

(But it will maybe take some years WHO knows. I just really want to move on my NeXT Projects, instead getting stuck on this CS.
So there can months to years!

So now you know!

STAY UPDATED! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM by Pandachoko.)
12-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Shelter is done and ready to be play by you!

So. I just played your CS for about 45 minutes, and I have quite a lot of feedback to give !

First of all, I like the fact that you created something different, kinda free-roam, with some hidden easter eggs. That's a pretty original idea, and I like anything new.

But the problem is that your maps are way too big and empty. Basically, that sums up all the gaming experience : I spent so much time running through endless corridors and tunnels that I did not feel like looking everywhere for those uncollideable walls. Also, you should put less fog in the mines. Small foggy areas are fine and can make us scared because of the reduced vision, but too much fog just makes it frustrating to play.

About the atmosphere, the first map had me kinda creeped out, and after 10 minutes I kinda understood there would be nothing scary.

I'll add one more thing, some of your maps are litterally just a staircase, while other are huge and empty tunnels.

So, I think the idea is good, and you used some stuff kinda nicely (welders, ladders, thunder noises), but the CS felt too empty for me. There's a lot of work in that CS though, so I think you'll deliver great mods if you keep on improving !

By the way, if you want to fix the trees, you can make them uncollideable and adding a blockbox (entities, technical) around them ! That'll help you ; >

12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Shelter is done and ready to be played by you!

I am too tired right now to play it, I will play this tomorrow and give you a review Big Grin
12-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Find
Pandachoko Offline

Hello daortir,
I can give you that agreement that the map is huge, but I wanted people to get this feeling that there are alone on this huge empty castle, what I liked with this huge areas, is there are so dark, that you are always getting this feeling you been watching but you aren't, but I understand you in some point about the areas. That when are there is no monsters these big areas are useless . But thanks for the feedback!
I will keep that in mind next time I make a game! And thanks for it giving a try! Smile

There is actually a secret note where I reveal one of my upcoming free horror games (a survival horror game) that will haunt you nightmare.. hehe ^^

and hello lazz3ro,
I am always open for feedbacks! Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM by Pandachoko.)
12-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Sorry but I was hugely disappointed as experienced and fast amnesia player. I finished this story 10-15 minutes. Everything is just so empty, I'll get it that you have to make "Big areas and just big castle what to explore free-roam style" but It doesnt work if it's just boring to play and repetitive just wonder around on the darkness and searching something.

Spoiler below!

Shortly I didn't like the mapping because it was way too rushed, quickly maded just no effort on detailing the corridors or any hallway where I walked or runned. You must always fill stuff to make mapping decent so players can enjoy how much effort creator has maded to make everything feel enjoyable to play. You didn't succeeded at all, but this is why I'm telling these negative points to just improve your story and just helping you after all. Big Grin There are few areas I was little worried and scared, but overall it was just boring entertainment and really short.

Well.. it was nice to try something little new "Free-roam style, but you have to success if you want to players like your mod with this style" just saying.

But I liked storywriting and those notes what I found, that was quite interesting and give little atmospheric feeling to play, but mapping is just not good at all.

Just improve and add a lot of detailing and play other mods how they create things and made every hallway / corridor / outdoor areas decent and just looking really good. Don't give up I see some potential here, but it wasn't enough to satisfy me. Sorry.

Overall I liked the whole idea, but doesn't reach my expectations. I expected so much more - 3/10

Good luck with your next project if you are gonna make one. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 01:10 AM by HumiliatioN.)
12-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Find
Pandachoko Offline

As I mention before you downloaded it, it was my first CS and only, so of course it might become boring,[/size][/b]
I havn't played other CS to get inspiration,[/size][/b]

I wanted people to focus on the story,[/size][/b]
and like Gone Home, when I played that game I did also rush through it

I am considering to remake the CS to put actually horror in it,
so those huge maps won't feel that as huge, when you think of a monster will walk past all the time
the horror I was thinking about in the very beginning(when I was making layout for it!) (the 80's style horror)(but later changed it,)
But thanks for the feedback! and sorry to dissapoint your expectations

Do you know what could be cool, to get experinced scripters to Work on the CS, you know, I tell them where the horror should be, and they could make that without looking it up on the internet,

I could pay some Money for those WHO is interrested, getting the CS that 100% to 200% completion instead!

That could be cool, and I am willing to do it.

Private msg me for those WHO see the CS in the finest condition!

We could be talking about 50-100 euro!

A good way to earn a Little more! Smile

(don't want any cheating me tho)
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 02:56 PM by Pandachoko.)
12-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

I think you might as well want to learn scripting by yourself : >
First of all, it isn't that hard to make simple events, it's more about being creative and using the same functions to make new things happen.
And also, if you want to hire a scripter and you really want to make a great project, you should first consider becoming very good at mapping, or having a really good and intense story.
Then you might wanna consider hiring someone to help you making a badass project.

This is just my opinion, I don't think it's worth it for you now to pay money for scripts. You can do as you wish though ^^

12-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
Pandachoko Offline

Hi daotir!
(SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE CS)

Actually, I am dead in Amnesia CS maker because there are limits, in unity or other video game programs are there no limits!
The 4 project I have in mind
(3 horror, 1 action)
You havn't seen anything like that before.
It is really creativity, and I will look forward to make,
But to mention..

The story for my Shelter, was difficult to make(and I also wanted to finish the CS, because of the limits. Or else I wanted to make the cementary which was mention in the story you could visit (I know you can make you own modelling, but it was to late until I discoverd that option and that is also why the lack of details in the CS)

When I started making this CS. I made started with this twisted story, and I used the Amnesia title as a genre for my story.
When it all made sense at the end.
I know you are always proud of a project,
but I can easy admit a thing, no one will!
I am proud of the story (from notes) it took a few days to make it.
(Actually about most of the story was because I could not sleep a night and I made it up, I do also dream about ideas, and that is one of the horror projects.) (And I am stupid the math way and highschool stuff) But when it comes to creativity it's a different boat we are in. I am really creativity!
BUT I AM NOT PROUD of the CS itself.
I also felt it was a dissapointed Thing, also because of the scriptings Things, also as you said, it was to big!(at some points, some Places could have been smaller,)
But when I heard about the unity programm ( I am living in the past) and I saw the possibilites about that. I said yes, finally time to make some more "funny" games, but back then I was already started on SHELTER, and I did already make a video on GamercastMMs about it, so I said. Hey We gonna head a different way with this CS, like a style of GONE HOME
(Keep in mind GONE HOME, wasn't released back then)
But I posted this thread I wasn't happy about the CS I knew people will find it dissapointed,
(But all developers don't starts up making good games, they will make one game that is not good as the other) (which in this case is SHELTER)
I just wanted to share the storyline. But I see people didn't like it either, which I did not understand
(was it because of Slender) Because I knew slender way before the eight pages game, I didn't know back then that monster would become overrated, would it have been a difference experince if it was the Jersery Devel? or? (INSERT MONSTER) (But I did put a reference from eight pages into this CS, like any other secrets you could find(etc. the last level with the huge tree and the cross wall).
Hoped it helped you a bit,
and maybe should I just let this CS Die away.
BUT I DO CONSIDER remake this CS into a unity game instead!
Could be fun, WHO knows..
SORRY FOR GRAMMAR!
AND HAVE A NICE DAY!! ! Big Grin
12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Find