Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
goddammit folks
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
goddammit folks

what, are y'all gonna wait till SOMA to make anything again?

all the greats seem to have lost hope. I know for a fact that I was really looking forward to playing some amazing shit that several people (kman, kia, jonnyanomaly to name a few) were working on over the last few months. what happened??

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: goddammit folks

Well....
My mod should be finixhed maybe this month..
Only thing is, thhe voicdacting last part has been delayed...
I hope people will enjoy and will see the effort ive put in my mod.
Overall, not much mods came out lately... is Amnesia bleeding to death?
Ill blame the NOT made custom story option fot mfp.... when fg added it there, there would be mods or storys already, the file copy crap, and new scripts etc.... just too annoying and difficult..
Overall.....
All good mods will be full conversion now..
And a lot of people dont know how to create those....
Sorry for the waal of text...
Just.... why dont put more time and effort in mfp custom storys... shouldnt be so hard imo.......
12-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

dude i just said earlier today that i'm planning on releasing my shit in like a 3-4 weeks lol dang

sub trials are like 98% done at this point anywho just gotta finish up editing voice acting shit and then send it to tyler and then have him finish up scripting and then throw in any extra details we forgot

Posting Freak
12-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

This thread should be placed somewhere else.. Smile

Spacies release is so far away (I should really be making stuff in UDK).. Currently working on the red light - which should have a faster release-date but still look somewhat pretty!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Well I don't know if what I'm doing can be considered as a good mod, but I'm releasing The Silver Key in two months. And I have a lot of inspiration for the next games of the Collapsing Cosmos series.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy my work : )

12-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

dis is what i like to hear

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

Late 2014(Possibly) for Amnesia - In Her Memory. I've got alot to get done and the progress is a bit slow.
Hopefully i can get something out.

The International Narcotics Traffic
12-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Find
CielsTenebreuse Offline

Threads: 2

Hi! I am obviously new to this forum and also have not made anything so far (as I am also a noob to this sort of thing) so you have no reason to care but I definitely would love to help contribute to keep the "Amnesia custom story" train rolling but I don't know how that's going to happen. tl;dr ahoy:

I have two mods I want to do. I have the story, some details aside, pretty much entirely set for one, and the other one is merely a concept, but I do know what I want the first scene for that one to be at least. I still have a lot to learn, I imagine going through enough tutorials I should learn how to make at least a basic custom story with just the assets provided. So far I've only been playing around and throwing disposable rooms together to try to get some things right (progress so far: "I still have a lot to learn" -_-)

Here's the real problem I'm having, like I'm sure many others do: at least one of these requires a couple of certain custom-made enemies (with one possibly having been made already and the other something of my own devising), and for one particular mechanic to receive a major re-coding. I don't know about the latter part but as for 3D modeling, knowing almost nothing about it it's very discouraging to read that modeling is both time-consuming (which I don't care, I have plenty of free time, as long as I know what I'm doing then I'm good) and takes apparently YEARS to learn. Like, half a decade, if people here are to be believed. And I'm certainly not gonna go around and beg a bunch of people who don't know me and have no reason to want to know me to create models for me for free. I also have no interest in a program like Maya simply because I don't have $4000 lying around for a software program when Blender, while supposedly more "difficult" to work with, is free, seems perfectly sufficient and also extremely capable from what I've seen. It's the "knowing how the f--- to use it" part that's a major hurdle for me.

I will say that one of the enemy models I want to do is actually just a basic human. But one who wears clothing, y'know, like most normal people do in public. It's become silly at this point that the only human models we get are dead naked dudes, and I haven't seen any mod that uses anything else so it doesn't look like anyone's gotten around to making one yet. I'm sure that subject has been gone over many times here before. But also what I have in mind is a different "lantern" that requires a different positioning of the hand. I am actually using assets already available from Amnesia for this, hand included, but I've read from people that even that takes like years to learn to animate or something even if it's an already-provided asset. In testing I've successfully managed to change the inventory icons for the "lantern" and "oil," change out the objects they represent before you pick them up (and the sounds they make when you do), and switched to different sound effects when you turn on/off the "lantern" and use "oil" (and the color of the oil meter in addition), and all using stuff already available in the Amnesia folders! But the hand/hand object modeling/animation (a simple animation really, you just raise your arm up while holding the object and raise it down), I am still at a loss for as to what the hell to do, and there's no tutorials for this at all so I'm really stuck. And I'm not sure it's worth bothering to continue if by the time I "learn" to model (also, easy-to-follow tutorials for this are nil too, probably because of that "5 years" thing) nobody will care about Amnesia custom stories anymore.
02-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

It's not that it takes long to animate, but it DOES take a long time to actually do everything to make a proper enemy model. If you have no experience modelling, I won't discourage you from trying, but it is a ridiculously tedious task, even to model some things like lamps or candles.

But that aside, I do not think this thread is of much importance anymore, so your statement although is there, is sort of diverging from the main purpose. Not so much the developing, but the releasing aspect.

Either way, welcome to the forum! Just follow the rules and mods won't yell at you.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Modelling from scratch is very difficult, yes, but I wouldn't discourage you by saying it takes many years. Modelling something like a monster IS possible somewhat early on, but it will be very difficult. The longer you work with it, the more techniques you'll figure out that will help you. After 5 years of using the software, making a monster probably won't be that hard anymore. Of course it can take time, but you will at least know what you're doing. Start with something simple though. Just make some shapes, like chairs or tables. To make a monster you'll need to know how to sculpt the model, UV texture it as well as animate it.

Personally I've been casually working with Maya for about a year, and I can make some simple/kinda complex models. I use a site called Lynda.com for courses, although it is a paid subscription site. Youtube tutorials can be kinda inconsistent. It's hard to jump from one guy to the next because they don't work with the same projects.

Modelling does not HAVE to comsume many years, but it probably will if you're gonna make amazing models like the ones used in Amnesia. However, making something simple does not take much time. Work with that and you'll gradually get better. Perhaps you can find a free placeholder model for a human that you can just drop in Blender, modify to your liking, then export for Amnesia.

02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Find