Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overlooked facts, or is it just me? (Spoilers)
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
Overlooked facts, or is it just me? (Spoilers)

So, we used to have literally cybertons of speculation here before Black Plague both about Overture and the Black Plague demo. After all that at least I feel the speculation died pretty fast. How much have you guys figured out by yourself?
I've been replaying the games the past days (still gotta complete Requiem though) and been seeing lots of things I have absolutely no memory of or simply must have overlooked.
Been able to find both Philips surname which was discussed some time ago (on the backside of the box, d'oh), found some clues to who near-armless man might be, found both almost the entire story of Red and the names of both Spider-Hater and who killed him.
I've been seeing lots of new stuff (partly thanks to playing with a notepad at hand) this time. After all there are just a few questions remaining.
Is it just me who missed all this the first time through?

Anyhow replaying really made me appreciate the story more. Been seeing lots of new things, getting some old problems cleared out and I'm also still impressed by the graphics. Didn't remember at all there being so much people either. As of now I think I've got the part that you can get pretty clear, except for a few things I think are mistakes in the story or simply are supposed to be wierd. For one, Spider Hater stops writing after Day 300 even though I think he's down there 400-500 days before Philip arrives.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Find
Chvyvamere Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Overlooked facts, or is it just me? (Spoilers)

Well, I always can notice new things, when I play the game. I missed alot of things too.
But now, I know even how old are Philip, Red and Dr. Richard Eminiss Smile
I think, every times we play the game, we notice something new. That's the one of the many reasons that I love Penumbra.
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(12-18-2008, 01:28 PM)Chvyvamere Wrote: Well, I always can notice new things, when I play the game. I missed alot of things too.
But now, I know even how old are Philip, Red and Dr. Richard Eminiss Smile
I think, every times we play the game, we notice something new. That's the one of the many reasons that I love Penumbra.

How do you know how old they all are?
All I can think of is that Philip was born around 1970, so he should be 38 or something like that. And oh, it said Red was 14 in some note aswell, from 1900-something. No clue what Richards age is though.
When Lux Tenebras nears release perhaps there'll be a Penumbra Wiki put up. I'm sure there's a lot of things you can figure out by looking at the various dates in the notes. There are answers to pretty much all old speculation threads now.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Find
Chvyvamere Offline

Threads: 0

Eminiss told us, when he was born. And in the game there is 2001-2002. So he is 37-38 years old.
We killed Red, when he was 36 years old.
And Philip is about 27 years old. In the last note in Overture, we can notice that Howard (Philip's dad) was there about 1970. That means (for me) that he leaved his family in that year.
But there's no way to find out how old was Eloff Carpenter, Amabel and Howard. (Clarence doesn't existTongue)
You can ask more quiestons about the game, there are chance I can answer them.
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Find