Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "I wish FG would ..." Thread
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The

(04-13-2014, 01:33 PM)eliasfrost Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 04:52 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: I wish FG would be more strict towards Mikko and his choices in regards to bassoon inclusion in the soundtrack for SOMA and all FG games.

I went to google and picked the first video result and got this:
and I try to imagine if that music played through the whole of Amnesia, from beginning to end. It would be glorious.

Big Grin Actually, did you know that the voice-like wailing in the kaernk theme was played by Mikko on his bassoon?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CxPcfd2FQ

(04-13-2014, 01:46 PM)The Mug Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 01:33 PM)eliasfrost Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 04:52 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: I wish FG would be more strict towards Mikko and his choices in regards to bassoon inclusion in the soundtrack for SOMA and all FG games.

I went to google and picked the first video result and got this:
"VIDEO WAS HERE BUT ONLY ONE VIDEO PER POST"
and I try to imagine if that music played through the whole of Amnesia, from beginning to end. It would be glorious.

Goes pretty well with this one if you play it muted

My god... it's perfect! o.O
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: The "I wish FG would ..." Thread

I also wish that they could communicate with us more, and do some custom story competitions and stuff. Though it's partially good that they don't communicate with us - it means that they are busy with SOMA Tongue
04-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I wish FG borrowed the liscense to Jurassic Park and remade Jurassic Park Trespasser.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
04-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-15-2014, 10:20 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I wish FG borrowed the liscense to Jurassic Park and remade Jurassic Park Trespasser.

I personally don't think that would work out very well. I don't know about FG's experience with bigger games than Amnesia and Penumbra, but a full on open world rpg would probably be a bit overambitious. It would be cool if they made a survival horror game with dinosaurs, though.
04-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(04-15-2014, 10:24 PM)Tiger Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 10:20 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I wish FG borrowed the liscense to Jurassic Park and remade Jurassic Park Trespasser.

I personally don't think that would work out very well. I don't know about FG's experience with bigger games than Amnesia and Penumbra, but a full on open world rpg would probably be a bit overambitious. It would be cool if they made a survival horror game with dinosaurs, though.
I haven't played Trespasser, but from watching videos it seems to be an open world adventure game. I'd like to believe that this is within Frictional's grasp. However if they would do just a survival horror game with dinosaurs on a smaller scale, that'd be cool as well.

Frictional Games doing a gigantic RPG would be a wet dream, but I agree with Tiger: I don't think it's possible with the small team as it looks now. They would need to hire a few people to write dialogs, there would be need to be a lot more voice actors, etc...

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(04-17-2014, 04:08 PM)spukrian Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 10:24 PM)Tiger Wrote:

I haven't played Trespasser, but from watching videos it seems to be an open world adventure game. I'd like to believe that this is within Frictional's grasp. However if they would do just a survival horror game with dinosaurs on a smaller scale, that'd be cool as well.

Frictional Games doing a gigantic RPG would be a wet dream, but I agree with Tiger: I don't think it's possible with the small team as it looks now. They would need to hire a few people to write dialogs, there would be need to be a lot more voice actors, etc...

Trespasser was a linear game based around exploration, physics puzzles and uncovering a story through off-screen narration. Sounds like a job for TCR, though they'd have to allow for the player to use weapons. I'd love a competent remake of it in the Crysis engine.

On topic: This forum needs Pig emoticons.
04-21-2014, 05:06 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

So eh... A darker theme on the forum yet?

I don't think we can avoid the fact that FG is making horror games.

Trying is the first step to success.
04-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Find