Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

CANNOT INSTALL REQUIEM
rogerpilly Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago CANNOT INSTALL REQUIEM

After the installer is launched, it detects correctly the folder where Black Plague is installed. After I click next, an error message appears "Invalid Path Chosen: File ErrorTongueenumbra: Requiem was not found
Please advise. Thank you.
Macbook Pro 17 CPU 2.33 RAM 3 GB VIDEO CARD ATY, Radeon X1600
MAC OS Version 10.5.6 INTEL
03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: CANNOT INSTALL REQUIEM

Make sure you have an up-to-date installer of Requiem, it was updated a couple of weeks ago to work with the Black Plague version that the mac game store / mac games arcade is selling.

If that does not help, in the requiem installer, manually navigate to the penumbra black plague folder to point it to the correct location.
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Website Find
rogerpilly Offline

(03-07-2009, 11:22 AM)jens Wrote: Make sure you have an up-to-date installer of Requiem, it was updated a couple of weeks ago to work with the Black Plague version that the mac game store / mac games arcade is selling.

If that does not help, in the requiem installer, manually navigate to the penumbra black plague folder to point it to the correct location.

It's the latest, I downloaded it yesterday. I tried manually to select the location, same result.
03-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you run Black Plague before trying to install Requiem? I think you might have to do that.

Where did you buy Black Plague from?
Can you specify the exact location you are trying to install into?
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Website Find
youri631 Offline

Threads: 0

Hi

I had a similar error, and found the problem by reading trough the patch script.

The issue was that my Black Plague application was named: Penumbra Black Plague.app instead of BlackPlague.app

If you change the name of the app, then it installs itself correctly.

I don't remember where I got it from, since I got from the very beginning before the other 2 chapter were out.
09-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Find
rogerpilly Offline

(09-19-2009, 05:45 AM)youri631 Wrote: Hi

I had a similar error, and found the problem by reading trough the patch script.

The issue was that my Black Plague application was named: Penumbra Black Plague.app instead of BlackPlague.app

If you change the name of the app, then it installs itself correctly.

I don't remember where I got it from, since I got from the very beginning before the other 2 chapter were out.

Thank you very much, you are a genius!!!

For the people at Frictional: it's a shame that you are unable to solve suche a simple problem and somebody else has to help me 6 months after the purchase.
I'll never buy anything else from you again. No wonder if people use P2P!!!
09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

First of, when you are a game developer you get tons of problem questions on how to solve this or that.
Second of, Jens nor Thomas doesn't use Mac as far as I know, so mainly it's not their area of power where they can help you with your problems.
That's why we have Urkle here, the guy who runs Linux and Mac side of the support.

But most of all: Users are still HUMAN on the forums.
Human does make mistakes. And on this case, it might be that Urkle accidently mist this thread in a hurry etc.

And on the other hand: you blame Frictional Games for not doing their job correctly?
You didn't even answer a question Jens asked you in his last post. You left this thread here for six months, so developers can't help you in that case.

09-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Website Find