Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thoughts on The Evil Within
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Thoughts on The Evil Within

Honestly, I knew this game wasn't going to live up to expectations after seeing the E3 coverage. At the mention of "green goo for upgrades", my little survival-horror-fan heart sunk.

As a nod to Resident Evil, it works. I'm having fun noticing all the little references (JOSEPH!!; I'm currently watching a playthrough of it), but really, as for being hyped up so much with Horror Daddy Mikami behind it, I feel sorely disappointed. There is way more action than we were initially told (they were hyping up the fact that ammo would be scarce, yet that does not at all appear to be the case, plus there are a plethora of weapons at your disposal).

On it's own, with no ties to Mikami, it's okay, but not at all like the return-to-true-survival-horror everyone was praising it to be. Sad

11-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(11-01-2014, 11:39 PM)AGP Wrote: There is way more action than we were initially told (they were hyping up the fact that ammo would be scarce, yet that does not at all appear to be the case, plus there are a plethora of weapons at your disposal).

Actually from my playthrough of the game ammo is indeed scarce, and not something that you will have in abundance throughout the game. This is also considering that I am a very conservative person when it comes to saving resources (Which leads to me overflowing in tons of games), and I still found the ammo to be just enough to get by.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(11-02-2014, 07:20 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 11:39 PM)AGP Wrote: There is way more action than we were initially told (they were hyping up the fact that ammo would be scarce, yet that does not at all appear to be the case, plus there are a plethora of weapons at your disposal).

Actually from my playthrough of the game ammo is indeed scarce, and not something that you will have in abundance throughout the game. This is also considering that I am a very conservative person when it comes to saving resources (Which leads to me overflowing in tons of games), and I still found the ammo to be just enough to get by.

It might just be the particular playthrough I'm watching then. Although I have noticed that while ammo can be found fairly frequently, it's the amount you can hold that is really limited (upgrades aside).

I've yet to actually play it for myself, but had a friend who was kind enough to purchase a copy for me so I will eventually sit down to play it through properly. It's just a matter of finding the time.

11-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Find