Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn off after loading
kurihana30
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Turn off after loading
Hello community!

I just intalled the game, finally after friends made me buy it to try and make me a gamer (hum hum), but after the intro about what the game is about and the line "-Frictional Games", it launches but then suddenly crashes. I'm on Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit the most recent one, it's based on Ubuntu so I don't think that's a problem but I can't be sure.

My config is as follows :
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Processor x 2
RAM : 4 giga
Gaphic Card : ATI Radeon HD 6850

and I have got more than 200 giga free on my hard drive, so it's not a space problem.

I searched through the internet about it but I can't find a solution, I've tried updating my graphic card and even tried and modify the options of it with the launcher, in vain.
May the community help me out on this?
I'll be thankful.
02-09-2015, 02:56 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Turn off after loading
Please check the troubleshooting guide and follow problem x to post your hpl.log
02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Website Find
kurihana30
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Turn off after loading
(02-09-2015, 04:29 PM)jens Wrote: Please check the troubleshooting guide and follow problem x to post your hpl.log

Thank you very much, I haven't seen them before, odd since I usually check everything before posting.
Mea culpa anyway.
I checked both threads and just in case, I went and downloaded my graphic card driver, installed and rebooted. Urgh, why didn't I check that before since I remember now the launcher didn't detect my card, I thought it wouldn't anyway, I installed last Mint recently and totally forgot about the AMD/ATI driver. Noob self perhaps? No, I'm no noob, I'm just scatterbrained.
It now works, I can finally create a character. Thanx again for pointing me in the right direction.
I'm eternally grateful.
02-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.