Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: 'Silent Hill' Full Conversion Mod
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112
Amnesia: 'Silent Hill' Full Conversion Mod

[Image: dBnkyMU.jpg]

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to present to you my new project. A full conversion mod at the moment only known by the name: Silent Hill. This will not be the final game title.
This Full Conversion Mod will have a lot of new stuff, new entities, static objects, textures, models and so on. Does it sound interesting to you?

Story

Your name is Artyom Hopkins. You're a 30 year old man that earns his money by writing horror novels. One night you're in a hurry to the hospital as your kid has breathing issues.
Now this wasn't a good idea, now was it?

Athmosphere

As a big fan of the old horror movies I wanted to re-create the ambience and athomsphere as much as possible. I hate jumpscares so you won't be seeing them in my FCM. i want the player to create his own horrors with their minds and I want to trick the players into thinking something when it's actually the other way around.

Level lay-out

I have played a lot of custom stories/FCM's so I am kind of aware of the cliches and issues some maps may have. With this knowledge I want to create good looking, original levels that really show how scary/creepy a custom story can be.

I want to point out that there will be monsters in my mod. But not that much. I wanted to focus on the athmosphere.

Teaser trailer

I am really excited to show you a small teaser trailer. This trailer won't show much and the level(s) you're about to see are in alpha if not pre-alpha. Thanks!

Teaser Trailer
02-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Amnesia: 'Silent Hill' Full Conversion Mod

It's hard to see much from the trailer. It looks more like a glob of red curtains with two vases sticking out of the walls near a door, regardless, I like your concept and I'm excited to see you expand on it. Big Grin

02-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Find